Here’s the list of proven victims of Obama’s many wiretaps according to WikiLeaks, who released the list on February 23rd (see link here) of Obama administration wire taps:
- The US National Security Agency bugged a private climate change strategy meeting; between UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon and German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin;
- Obama bugged Chief of Staff of UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) for long term interception targetting his Swiss phone;
- Obama singled out the Director of the Rules Division of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), Johann Human, and targetted his Swiss phone for long term interception;
- Obama stole sensitive Italian diplomatic cables detailing how Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu implored Italy’s Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi to help patch up his relationship with US President Barack Obama, who was refusing to talk to Netanyahu;
- Obama intercepted top EU and Japanese trade ministers discussing their secret strategy and red lines to stop the US “extort[ing]” them at the WTO Doha arounds (the talks subsequently collapsed);
- Obama explicitly targeted five other top EU economic officials for long term interception, including their French, Austrian and Belgium phone numbers;
- Obama explicitly targetted the phones of Italy’s ambassador to NATO and other top Italian officials for long term interception; and
- Obama intercepted details of a critical private meeting between then French president Nicolas Sarkozy, Merkel and Berluscon, where the latter was told the Italian banking system was ready to “pop like a cork”.
In addition to the above list we also know now that Obama wire tapped various individuals in the US media that were reporting information not flattering to the Obama Administration. It is widely known that Obama’s Justice Department targeted journalists with wiretaps in 2013:
- In 2013 the liberal Washington Post expressed outrage after the revelation that the Justice Department had investigated the newsgathering activities of a Fox News reporter as a potential crime in a probe of classified leaks. The reporter, Fox News’ James Rosen and his family, were part of an investigation into government officials anonymously leaking information to journalists. Rosen was not charged but his movements and actions were tracked.
- Also in 2013, members of the Associated Press were also a target of the surveillance. The ultra liberal New Yorker even noted that “In moderate and liberal circles, at least, the phone-records scandal, partly because it involves the dear old A.P. and partly because it raises anew the specter of Big Brother, may well present the most serious threat to Obama’s reputation.”
- Reporter Sharyl Attkisson said in 2014 that her personal computer and CBS laptop were hacked after she began filing stories about Benghazi that were unflattering to the Obama administration. A source who checked her laptop said the hacker used spyware “proprietary to a government agency,” according to an article in the New York Post.
The newest revelations that the Obama administration wiretapped, that is “bugged,” the president and all of his men in the lead up and after the November 8, 2016, elections are not surprising. In this regard, for over 2 years the highest levels of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have been secretly investigating the “harvesting” of highly confidential information including financial records of the chief justice of the Supreme Court, other justices, over 156 judges, prominent businessmen like Donald Trump, and public activists like me.
In this regard, a whistleblower named Dennis Montgomery, a former NSA/CIA contractor, came forward to FBI Director Comey with 47 hard drives and over 600 million pages of largely classified information, under grants of use and derivative use immunity, which I obtained for him with the U.S Attorney for the District of Columbia. Later, Montgomery, who suffers from a potentially fatal brain aneurism, testified under oath, for over 2 1/2 hours before FBI Special Agents Walter Giardina and William Barnett in a secure room at the FBI’s field office in Washington, D.C. The testimony was under oath and videotaped and I have reminded the FBI recently to preserve this evidence.
I have also met on several occasions with the staff of Chairman Bob Goodlatte of the House Judiciary Committee, since judges have been illegally surveilled, and asked them to inquire of FBI Director Comey and his General Counsel James Baker why their Montgomery investigation has appeared to have been “buried” for the last few years. They have done so, but as yet have not received, to the best of my knowledge, a clear response.
[ … ]
Judge Leon, in the course of my cases before him (see www.freedomwatchusa.org), has already issued two preliminary injunction rulings ordering that the illegal mass surveillance cease and desist. He termed this unconstitutional violation of our Fourth Amendment, “almost Orwellian,” a reference to George Orwell’s prophetic book “1984” about “Big Brother.” Judge Leon’s rulings then prompted Congress to amend the Patriot Act and call them the USA Freedom Act, which sought to leave telephonic metadata in the hands of the telephone providers, like Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T, until a warrant was obtained showing probable cause that a target or subjects communications with terrorists or a crime was being committed.
It now appears that the Obama intelligence agencies, as I predicted to Judge Leon, have again ignored and flouted the law, and at the direction of the former president Obama and/or his men like Clapper illegally spied on targets or subjects like Mr. Trump and his associates, including Gen. Michael Flynn, the former national security adviser.
In an article titled “TOWERGATE: Trump Accuses Obama Of Wiretapping Him. Here’s Everything You Need To Know” Ben Shapiro points out:
This [Trump] tweetstorm raises a few questions: first, did the Obama administration have Trump’s wires tapped in Trump Tower? Second, did President Obama himself have Donald Trump’s wires tapped in Trump Tower? Third, does Trump know what the hell he’s talking about? Fourth, if not, does it matter? Finally, how will this little conflagration play out politically?
1. The Obama Administration Did Monitor Communications Of People/Sources Surrounding Trump.The New York Timesreported months ago that the intelligence community had recordings of several of Trump’s associates; the Times speculated that such recordings could have been gathered because the Obama intelligence apparatus was wiretapping Russians and caught Trump officials on the other end.
[ … ]
2. There’s No Evidence Obama Himself Had Trump’s Wires Tapped. But It’s Not Impossible. Figures in the Obama administration immediately denied there were any direct orders to the DOJ to pursue a Trump wiretap. “A cardinal rule of the Obama administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice,” said Obama spokesman Kevin Lewis. “As part of that practice, neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any US citizen.
[ … ]
3. Trump Hasn’t Presented Any New Evidence. Trump hasn’t presented any evidence for his claims.
[ … ]
4. Yes, It Matters That Trump Tweets His Theories Without Evidence. But This Problem Doesn’t Start With Trump. This will raise serious questions about the behavior of the Obama administration in the run-up to the election. It will also raise questions about whether the Obama administration’s FISA requests were legitimate or political hits.
[ … ]
5. Trump’s Supporters Will Point To Obama’s Malfeasance, Obama’s Supporters Will Point To Trump’s Twitter Diarrhea, Both Will Be Right. So, how will this shake out?
President Trump is great about speaking directly to the people. When he does the media goes into overload mode. Rather than investigating the facts behind Towergate, the media takes sides.
This is the most interesting administration in my lifetime. Can’t wait to see what President Trump does next.
RELATED ARTICLE: No One Mentions That The Russian Trail Leads To Democratic Lobbyists