Keeping you updated on what’s happening with the Collier County Lawsuit:
- May 31, 2017: Florida Citizens’ Alliance and 3 Collier County parents filed suit against the Collier County School System for buying unacceptable social studies textbooks (details).
- June 13, 2017: Collier Circuit Court Judge Shenko denied our emergency injunction. The good news is he actually improved our odds by refusing to let our side present its evidence and then basing his ruling on the faulty school board’s summary brief.
- July 12, 2017:Florida Citizens Alliance and 3 Collier Parents filed an appeal in Florida 2nd Court of Appeal.
- August 10th: Our lawyers finalized supporting documentation for our appeal.
- August 12th: We filed supporting detail for our appeal
Current Status: The Collier School Board had 30 days from the date of our filing (8/12) to file their appeal details. Their due date corresponded to the arrival of Hurricane Irma. The courts were closed as a result of the hurricane, and we have not heard anything from them at this point.
We continue to press forward! This is important not only to the children of Collier County, but every child in Florida public schools!
All 67 counties buy from the same 3 publishing companies, so our effort puts every school board on notice! Regardless of what county you live in, this case has broad implications for your children and grandchildren.
Please help us continue the fight and give generously. Your donation is tax deductible!
WE DO SERIOUSLY NEED YOUR HELP – WE ARE IN DEBT ON THIS PROJECT.
Remember, this is about our children’s future and the future of our Constitutional Republic.