WDW – FL gets daily press releases from the office of Florida Senator Marco Rubio. During the August recess to date there is one topic he is not talking about – amnesty. It appears Rubio is not hosting any town hall meetings. Rather he is giving speeches to select friendly groups, such as Chambers of Commerce. The Chamber supports amnesty because it provides its membership with cheap labor.
If he did hold a town hall meeting he might get an ear full like what happened in Sarasota, FL, where at a presentation by Dennis Michael Lynch on amnesty just the mention of Rubio’s name drew loud boos.
Rubio wants to talk about Apalachicola Bay (oysters), defunding the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), Washington misspending (which will increase if the amnesty bill passes), the UN nominee Samantha Power and a liberal activist court.
Where is anything on amnesty? Nada, nothing, total silence.
Sarah Carter from The Blaze reports, “Cochise County [Arizona] Sheriff Mark Dannels doesn’t mince words. He’s angry that local law enforcement and the citizens who call the Southwest border home have been left out of the decision making process when it comes to security and immigration reform … ‘Look at (Sen. Marco) Rubio out of Florida — have you been down here, Rubio?’ he said, noting that drug cartels had just replaced a radio relay station on the mountain that the sheriff’s team had taken down less than three weeks earlier.”
“I say to myself, ‘Rubio, you’re making decisions for me, for my state, for my county, my city when you haven’t even been here – what an insult, what do you know about our border? You know nothing about our border. Yet you’re making those decisions without even speaking to us,’” wrote Carter.
Rubio’s office did not return phone calls seeking comment.
Maybe this is a topic that Rubio wants to ignore but AZ Sheriff Dannels and the people do not.
Here is a list of releases dated August 13, 2013:
- Rubio Tours Apalachicola Bay Area, Calls For Urgent Action To Restore Water Flow
- ICYMI: In Gainesville Rubio Continues Push To Defund ObamaCare
- ICYMI: At Apalachicola Bay Hearing Today, Rubio To Tackle Water Issue Hurting Florida’s Oyster Industry
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Rubio To Examine Dire Effects Of Water Shortage In Apalachicola Bay On Florida Industry
- Rubio: August Recess Key To Building Momentum Against Washington Misspending
- Rubio: We Are Fully Prepared To Vote For A Short-Term Budget That Doesn’t Fund ObamaCare
- Rubio Defends Legislative Prayer From Assault By Liberal Activist Court
- Rubio Opposes Obama’s UN Nominee; Calls For Clear Foreign Policy Strategy & UN Reform
- Rubio Joins Lee, Cruz, Grassroots Leaders At Press Conference To Defund ObamaCare
- Rubio: ObamaCare Hurting Seniors Is One More Reason We Must Defund It
For a complete list of Rubio press releases for August 2013 go here.
For Rubio perhaps silence is golden on amnesty?