“Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson has been suspended from his own television show after calling homosexuality illogical, while proffering his male viewpoint preferring female anatomy to that of other men.
“It seems like, to me, a vagina – as a man – would be more desirable than a man’s anus, ” says Phil Robertson. “That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what II’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”
The Arts & Entertainment Network, better known as A&E, gave Robertson the boot Wednesday after learning of his remarks.
“We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty,” A&E said in a statement. “His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely.”
Read more from this story HERE.
One News Now reports:
Robertson did respond to initial criticism of his GQ remarks.
“I myself am a product of the ’60s” who indulged in sex and drugs until hitting bottom and accepting Jesus as his savior, he said in a statement. Although his mission is to teach people that men and women are meant to be together, Robertson said he “would never treat anyone with disrespect” because they are different.
Peter LaBarbera of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, reacting to the decision, blamed homosexual rights group GLAAD.
“The fact is that the media doesn’t like criticism of homosexuality, and so they kowtow to this pressure group called GLAAD, which has inordinate power in the media, and low and behold in one day he’s fired,” said LaBarbera.
Peter LaBarbera from Americans for Truth About Homosexuality notes:
- BIBLE AGREES WITH ROBERTSTON: As Politically Incorrect and offensive to secularists as it may be, the Bible confirms Robertson’s association of homosexual misbehavior with other egregious sexual sins: in the Old Testament Book of Leviticus (chapter 20), the condemnation homosexuality is grouped in between proscriptions against adultery, bestiality, and incest [for more on this see Bible-and-homosexuality scholar Robert Gagnon’s superb site, www.RobGagnon.net].
- GLAAD STIFLES DEBATE: GLAAD, the homosexual pressure group in the forefront of attacking Robertson, has a long history of attempting to shut down speech critical of homosexuality — and demonizing as “haters, bigots and homophobes” those (usually Christians) who speak out against homosexualism or affirm the truth that homosexuals can change and leave the lifestyle. GLAAD regularly lobbies the media to shun conservatives on the homosexual issue – e.g., its 2010 pressure campaign targeting CNN for including ex-“gay” therapist Richard Cohen in a debate segment on homosexuality.;
- MEDIA DOUBLE STANDARD: Why is it that pro-family, Christian conservatives like Robertson invariably become the targets of the politically correct media — while vicious and vulgar homosexual activists like Dan Savage are free to spew the most vile hatred imaginable with barely any critical media glare? Phil Robertson is suspended while Dan Savage – who infamously “re-defined” Rick Santorum’s last name as a by-product of anal sodomy, and joked that to control overpopulation “abortion should be mandatory for about 30 years” – is a liberal media hero. (In fact, Savage, far from being punished for his malicious barbs and antics, was rewarded with his own show on MTV.)
- HOMOSEXUAL HEALTH RISKS: If Americans were to come to understand how truly dangerous homosexual anal sex is, they would demand a full-scale government-corporate campaign to discourage it – especially among young men. For example, the CDC recently reported that 94-95 percent of HIV cases among young men (13-24) in 2011 were linked to homosexual sex. In his book The Ins and Outs of Gay Sex, homosexual Dr. Stephen Goldstone compares the active role in homosexual rectal sex to a “battering ram”: “An anal tear can occur during the initial phase of anal sex precisely because your partner pushes his penis through a closed sphincter. Think of his penis as a battering ram, one for which your internal sphincter is no match.” Goldstone also writes that the “anus is the highest place risk for STDs.” (The “gay” doctor urges condom use, but many homosexual men shun condoms – as evidenced by the widespread availability of condomless, gay “barebacking” pornography in homosexual Meccas like San Francisco.) Another homosexual activist, Jack Hart, writes that “some practices common among gays — especially rimming [oral-anal “sex”] and anal intercourse — are highly efficient ways of transmitting disease.”
- SEXUALLY IMMORAL SLIPPER SLOPE: Robertson was correct again on the slippery slope of sexual immorality: “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he toldGQ. Look what has paralleled the advance of proud homosexuality in our nation: greater sexual permissiveness (fornication) in general and growing disrespect for marriage in our “hook-up” culture; the porn-fed promotion of heterosexual anal sex, bringing a new threat to women; websites like “Ashley Madison” that actually facilitate adultery; and an explosion of “transgender rights” that shockingly encourages gender-confused boys to identify as girls and use female restrooms and locker rooms in schools.
- LEFT “JUDGES” FAITHFUL CHRISTIANS: Lastly, Bible-believing Christians are sick and tired of liberal, pro-homosexual advocates (including the Religious Left) telling us how Christians are supposed to believe and speak. Last night on Fox News’ “The Kelly File,” a liberal, Jewish, Democratic activist informed viewers that Christians should not “judge” – even as he used his appearance on Fox to JUDGE and condemn Phil Robertson.
LaBarbera concluded: “Homosexual behavior is wrong, unnatural, often high-risk, but thankfully, changeable – as testified to by the redeemed lives of formerly “gay” men like Michael Glatze and ex-lesbian women like Yvette Cantu Schneider who have overcome homosexuality through faith in Jesus Christ.
In Florida over 70% of all known HIV/AIDS cases are due to male sex with males (MSM). That is a major health risk to men as well as women, as bi-sexual men transmit this killer disease to their female partners.
This is yet another case of silencing any opposing views or commentary against the gay lifestyle. Since when can’t a man tell it like it is? Phil is a man, end of story.
If you wish to provide feedback on the A&E decision to place Phil on hiatus send your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shock report: 10,700 men raped in the US military
How the ‘gay’ child-sex-abuse cover-up kills young men
‘My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ’…
FLASHBACK: Vowed to Quit A&E if Network Banned Talk of God or Guns…
A&E Tried to Cut ‘Jesus’ from Family Prayers…
No. 1-rated in cable history…
CRUZ: ‘Represents the America Usually Ignored or Mocked by Liberal Elites’…
JINDAL: ‘Messed Up Situation When Miley Cyrus Gets a Laugh, and Phil Robertson Gets Suspended’…
EDITORS NOTE: This column originally appeared on Restoring Liberty.