Voices for the Voiceless states, “It is a moral duty to speak and write about the greatest human rights crime today — persecution of religious minorities. There is a denial of this news. Those who should speak are SILENT in the face of terrible suffering.”
The following is taken from the Voices for the Voiceless website:
The greatest human rights violation today is the persecution of religious minorities. Christians are the largest numbers by far.
- Half of Iraqi Christians have fled rather than die. Countless numbers of their churches have been destroyed.
- Syrian towns that have been Christian for 2000 years are being annihilated.
- The 1300 year march of terror against the Copts continues in Egypt today.
- Christians jailed in Iran are tortured.
- Christians and Hindus are persecuted to near annihilation in Pakistan.
Also Buddhists in Thailand, Hindus in India and Jews in Israel are routinely assaulted and murdered.
It is a moral duty to speak and write about the greatest human rights crime today — persecution of religious minorities. There is a denial of this news. Those who should speak are SILENT in the face of terrible suffering.
- Who are the persecuted?
- What is their history?
- Where is this happening?
- Why is this persecution taking
WHY ARE YOU SILENT?
SILENCE IN THE FACE OF EVIL IS ITSELF EVIL
God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Who do you stand for, the oppressors or the victims? Silence supports the oppressors. The highest moral position is to defend the victims who have no voice. There is no justice until we hear the voice of the victim. Will you become a voice for the voiceless?
WHAT DO WE WANT?
- Speak out about the suffering of millions in the greatest human rights tragedy of our day.
- Talk about how we can stop the suffering and murder of the persecuted.
WHAT MUST HAPPEN
- The death cries of the daughters, sons, husbands, and wives must be heard.
- Good people must become willing to talk about the suffering of religious minorities.
- Stop the silence and report the facts every time.
There is no justice without hearing the voiceless. Then you must speak and act with courage.
EDITORS NOTE: The featured image is courtesy of Erica, blogger at the University of Washington.