Today, The Henry Jackson Society launched Terrorism and Islamism in the MENA Region, a one-of-a-kind map detailing the various levels of Islamism and terrorist activities across the Middle East and North Africa region.
Three years after the ‘Arab Spring’ broke out, the increasing presence of Islamist parties and explosive number of terrorist activities has led to analarming security situation across a most vital region. In light of these growths, The Henry Jackson Society examined these trends and created the first-of-its-kind map, providing invaluable insight into this very unstable area of the world.
Key aspects of the Terrorism and Islamism in the MENA Region map:
- Assesses the increasing dangers facing the Middle East and North Africa through the terrorism-Islamism nexus
- Identifies the strength of Islamism in each country in a detailed information box
- Details the main terror groups active in the region
- Shows the number of terrorist attacks, fatalities and injured
- Displays the danger and actual reach of a potential Iranian nuclear weapon
- Describes the two major strategic points in the region: the Suez Canal and the Strait of Hormuz
- Locates the major oil fields and foreign military bases
- Underlines both the heavy defense expenditure and importance of military forces in the area
- Includes the demographics and economic indicators for each nation