LAS VEGAS, Nevada /PRNewswire/ — Stephen J. Cloobeck, the founder and former Chairman and CEO of Diamond Resorts International, today announced his endorsement of the reelection of Dean Heller to the U.S. Senate. Despite his status as the largest Democratic Party fundraiser in the state of Nevada, and among the most generous donors to Democrats nationally, Mr. Cloobeck said he is crossing the aisle because he believes Sen. Heller is the best person to represent Nevada’s interests in the nation’s capital.
“I am forever a Democrat,” Mr. Cloobeck said. “I believe in Roe v. Wade, Planned Parenthood, civil rights and the other core principles and values of the Democratic Party. But I also believe that Dean Heller has proven himself capable of representing ALL citizens of Nevada, not just those who elected him. As someone who has spent a lifetime building companies and creating jobs, I respect Sen. Heller’s business-like approach to politics and legislation.”
The founding chairman of what became Brand USA, the public-private destination marketing organization for the United States, Mr. Cloobeck worked with individuals from both major political parties to rally behind the cause of promoting travel and tourism to the U.S. Likewise, he appreciates Sen. Heller’s efforts to bridge the gap between opposing positions on job creation, housing, immigration and healthcare, instead of dividing people.
“Dean Heller is the right person at the right time for the state of Nevada,” said Mr. Cloobeck. “I believe he cares deeply about advancing the state’s interests in Washington, and advocating for issues that affect our daily lives.”
Read GovTrack.us 2016 Report Card for Dean Heller.
Senator Dean Heller sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Health Care
- Member, Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs
About Stephen Cloobeck
Stephen J. Cloobeck is the manager of Cloobeck Companies LLC, NV. Prior to that, Mr. Cloobeck founded and served as Chairman and CEO of Diamond Resorts International, the nation’s second largest timeshare resort company. Mr. Cloobeck has over 30 years of experience in the vacation ownership industry, and the development, construction, management, operations, marketing and sales of real estate properties, including vacation ownership resorts, hotels, retail shopping centers, office and apartment buildings. Mr. Cloobeck is active in a wide range of community affairs on the local, state and national levels. In September 2010, Mr. Cloobeck was appointed by the United States Secretary of Commerce, Gary Locke, as a director to the Corporation for Travel Promotion for the United States and was elected chairman of the board in October 2010. Mr. Cloobeck was also a member of the board of directors for the Nevada Cancer Institute from 2003 to 2010, serving as chairman of the board for the last year that he was on the board. In addition, Mr. Cloobeck has worked with many charities and civic organizations, including the Prostate Cancer Foundation, Kids Charities.org, the Police Athletic League, Boy Scouts of America, Inner City Games, the Alzheimer’s Association, the Andre Agassi Charitable Foundation, and Autism Speaks, and is a founder of the Brent Shapiro Foundation for Drug Awareness. Mr. Cloobeck received a B.A. in Psychobiology from Brandeis University.
Mr. Cloobeck has also been recognized as “the most generous” CEO in the history of the Emmy Award-winning CBS reality series “Undercover Boss,” where he appeared on two separate widely viewed episodes.