Despite the deep financial losses, its stores looking like ghost towns, and unprecedented backlash by consumers, Target appears content with its sprint into self-destruction.
Target’s leadership problems are so deep, stockholders are questioning whether or not the company is in qualified hands. So much so, it has recently fired five top executives and has slashed CEO Brian Cornell’s pay by one-third.
And that’s the tip of the iceberg for the gasping retailer, when you consider these recent headlines:
- Target CEO Faces Pay Cut as Business Drops
- Target doubles down on ‘gay’ pride despite losses in bathroom war
- Target is one of 10 worst U.S. stocks of 2017
- Target CEO admits policy announcement was huge mistake
- Target Abruptly Shuts Expansion Projects amid Boycott
While AFA’s boycott is focused on Target’s bizarre and dangerous dressing room and bathroom policy, the company has a history of distaste for traditional family values. For example, Target has abolished “boys” and “girls” signs from its toys and bedding departments in an effort to remove references to gender. On multiple occasions, Target has supported state and national legislative efforts that would force Christian business owners to violate their religious convictions.
Then, there’s Target’s all out love affair with the LGBTQ. For the past two years, Target stores have entire sections dedicated to products normalizing homosexuality. In many instances, profits from the sale of the products are donated to gay advocacy groups for the promotion of the lifestyle to children in public schools.
- Most effective: Make a personal comment on Target’s Facebook page here.
- Share this tweet on your Twitter account: Hey @Target, men don’t belong in women’s restrooms and changing areas. #BoycottTarget http://bit.ly/
- Call your local manager and politely remind them that you are still boycotting Target. Find your local Target store number here.
On May 23, I will hand deliver more than 500,000 signatures to Target’s corporate headquarters in Minnesota. These signatures are in addition to the one million I delivered to CEO Brian Cornell less than a year ago.
Pray that Target’s leadership will realize it gravely misjudged the 1.5 million families who have signed a pledge to boycott its stores for allowing men to enter women’s dressing rooms and restrooms.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider supporting our work financially with a tax-deductible donation. The easiest way to do that is through online giving. It is easy to use, and most of all, it is secure.