The media is ignoring a sect that calls themselves the Black Hebrew Israelites, who verbally attacked a group of Covington Catholic students near the Washington Monument on Saturday, January 19th, 2019. See the below Tucker Carlson Tonight video, at the 3:40 mark, to watch and listen to what the Covington Catholic students were called by the Black Hebrew Israelites sect.
One sect [of the Black Hebrew Israelites] originated before the Civil War. There was another sect founded later in 1896, the Church of God and Saints of Christ, by William Crowdy. In the 1980s other sects began to appear, such as those lead by Yahweh Ben Yahweh (1935 – 2007), or Hulon Mitchell, Jr. There are a number of other sects of this broad Hebrew Israelite movement known as the Commandment Keepers, The Law Keepers, House of Judah, and the African Hebrew Israelites of Jerusalem, just to name a few.1
Let’s look at the Black Hebrew Israelites sect founded by Yahweh Ben Yahweh (a.k.a. Hulon Mitchell, Jr).
Khalil Amani, a former member of the Nation of Yahweh found the below video of Minister Hulon Shah (a.k.a. Hulon X, Hulon Mitchell, Jr ) who would become Yahweh Ben Yahweh from 1967 until his death in 2007.
Khalil Whet Pen Amani states:
Born Hulon Mitchell. Joined the Nation of Islam circa 1960 as Hulon X and given the last name “Shah” by The Honorable Elijah Muhammad, he became Hulon Shah, the minister of Temple #15 in Atlanta. He would later become a Christian preacher named “Father Michel” and then eventually become YAHWEH BEN YAHWEH in Miami in the 1980s.
Khalil Amani became an Elder under Yahweh Ben Yahweh and headed the Newark, NJ temple. Leaving after five years, he would become the most out-spoken critic of his former leader, Yahweh ben Yahweh and ended up in the Federal Witness Protection Program for lifting the veil of secrecy and criminality surrounding the Nation of Yahweh.
His story is told in Pulitzer Prize winning writer Sydney P. Freedberg’s book, “Brother Love: Murder, Money and a Messiah” (Pantheon Books 1994) and his self-published autobiography, “My Id: Ignant & Dissfunkshunal! Life in the Yahweh Cult and the Witness Protection Program“.
At this time it is unknown which sect of the Black Hebrew Israelites confronted the Covington Catholic students in Washington, D.C. However their obscene racist rants were captured on tape in the below report by Tucker Carlson Tonight:
Ryan Turner states that Black Hebrew Israelite sects have the following practices:
- Some groups stand on the street corners of major cities and condemn people for their allegedly false beliefs while using vulgar language.2 The Hebrew Israelites are very combative and generally do not want to listen when their views are challenged.3
- They frequently use Hebrew words such as Yah [the name of God, Yahweh, shortened as Yah], Yahoshua [Jesus], Shabbat [Sabbath], etc.
- They keep the Jewish Sabbath and many other Jewish customs including circumcision, dietary laws, and the observance of certain Jewish holidays and festivals like Yom Kippur and Passover.
- They use the Old and New Testament to support their teachings, especially the five books of Moses (Genesis to Deuteronomy).
- They do not consider themselves to be Jews in the modern sense of the term as associated with Orthodox, Reformed, Conservative, or Hasidic Judaism.
To learn more please read: Black Hebrew Israelites.
RELATED VIDEO: Black Hebrew Israelites Call for Genocide of Whites
EDITORS NOTE: The featured image is of a Black Hebrew Israelite group called “Israelite School of Universal Practical Knowledge (ISUPK)” preaching in the streets. Photo: Let’s Please God.