Trending today is the idea that being masculine is dangerous and must be neutered. Neutered in the public square, in the community and in the home. The recent Gillette ad titled “We Believe: The Best Men Can Be” is a corporate effort to become part of the #MeToo movement in the hopes that by neutering what it is to be a man will make men better.
We are waiting for Estee Lauder or L’Oreal or Maybelline or CHANEL to do a similar ad perhaps titled “We Believe: The Best Women Can Be.”
In the name of inclusion our culture has rejected the scientific fact that males and females are different genetically. Major universities have rejected the idea that gender at birth is binary. Yale now has three choices for gender: M, F and N (non-binary). The absurd has now become public policy with New York City allowing parents to choose the gender of their child as either Male, Female or X (whatever that is).
Today we are seeing a number of toxic females. Toxic femininity is now the new normal. Here are a few examples:
- Saturday Night comedy writer Sarah Beattie tweeted, “I will blow whoever manages to punch that MAGA kid in the face.”
- Alyssa Milano called Red MAGA Hats “The New White Hood.” The white hood refers to the Ku Klux Klan, the militant arm of the Dixiecrats.
- Kathy Griffin who photographed herself holding the severed head of a man, namely President Donald J. Trump.
- Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib who said ‘Impeach the Motherf*cker. Referring of course to President Trump.
- Women’s March leader Linda Sarsour who accused Jews who oppose Anti-Semitic Muslim Congresswoman of having dual loyalties.
- In 2017 Nancy Pelosi criticizing Republicans for criticizing liberal hate speech before the shooting of Representative Scalise and others on a Washington, D.C. ball field by a follower of Bernie Sanders. (see video below)
- Maxine Waters calling for confronting Trump officials to their faces in public places because she disagrees with their policies.
Examples of toxic femininity are being repeated daily. They are being pushed by Hollywood, where in movies women are stronger, smarter and better than men. In books, newspapers, on television and on social media the mantra is men must be put down in order for women to become equal, whatever that means. Policies like equal pay, abortion, and the LGBTQ movement are feminist driven.
As I wrote in my column America’s Education System is Creating Sissies, with One Notable Exception:
Manhood today is considered a micro aggression. Calling a boy a boy, and upon puberty, calling a man a man will trigger violent responses.
[ … ]
Public schools are inviting transgenders into elementary schools to talk about how wonderful it is to be a girly man. But this phenomenon is not new. It has gradually gained a foothold in our public schools and now is fully out of the closet (no pun intended).
It appears to this male that it is the females who are calling for violence, promoting the resistance and denigrating boys in our public schools. Am I wrong?