Within minutes after President Trump made his Rose Garden announcement that a “deal” was made to reopen the government the Democratic National Campaign Committee (DNCC.org) sent out the below email:
Watch the video of President Trump’s announcement:
A good friend of mine noted that “compromise is the art of losing slowly.” It now appears that President Trump is more interested in making a deal than keeping America safe by building the wall. Now making a deal is the art of losing slowly.
President Trump now has five options:
- Sign legislation passed by both houses of Congress that does not include the $5.7 billion to build the wall.
- Veto legislation passed by both houses of Congress that does not include the $5.7 billion to build the wall.
- Sign legislation passed by both houses of Congress that does include the $5.7 billion to build the wall.
- If Congress does not pass legislation that includes the $5.7 billion to build the wall then declare a national emergency and build the wall.
- Do nothing and let the current border situation continue to worsen.
The question is will President Trump, now that he has signed the temporary CR, demand that Pelosi keep her word and open up the House chambers for the State of the Union address?
As the DNCC.org email highlights, “Time for some accountability.” The House and Senate Democrats plan on holding Trump accountable. As they do and the legacy media parrot their propaganda the Republicans will cower in fear. For you see the opposite of peace isn’t war, it is fear. The Democrats and media strike fear in the hearts of Republicans.
Ayn Rand wrote:
“The uncontested absurdities of today are the accepted slogans of tomorrow. They come to be accepted by degrees, by dint of constant pressure on one side and constant retreat on the other – until one day when they are suddenly declared to be the country’s official ideology.”
President Trump and the Republican Party are in a state of constant retreat. The Democrats are in a constant state of applying pressure. Today may go down in political history as the end of the Trump presidency.
Trump’s signature slogan was, like George H.W. Bush’s read my lips, “build the wall.” The wall will not be built because the Democrats rightly understand that they have won. They aren’t tired of winning.
The presidential election cycle that is just beginning could turn out to become a rout. The Republicans could lose the Senate and the White House.
Today, January 25, 2019 is the beginning of the retreat and the decline and fall of MAGA. The end.
RELATED VIDEO: Senator Lindsey Graham’s take on the Trump initiative.