Have you noticed today that thinking (using logic) is considered a hate crime?
Here are a few examples of thinking as hate crimes:
- You reject collectivism and embrace individual liberty and freedom.
- You deny that mankind is causing global warming.
- You embrace the scientific proof that gender at birth is binary (male and female).
- You deny the idea that it’s a woman’s right to kill (abort) her unborn child.
- You deny that, of the three Abrahamic religions, that Islam is truly a religion of peace.
- You reject diversity and multiculturalism (i.e. identity politics) and embrace assimilation (E Pluribus Unum) .
- You embrace truth and facts over emotion and subjectivism.
- You embrace the open discussion of ideas no matter how distasteful.
- You reject ad hominem attacks against anyone because of their beliefs.
- You deny the idea that God is dead and embrace His Son Jesus. You are Judeo/Christian.
When did thinking become unthinkable?
The idea that thinking became unthinkable began under Karl Marx. Marx believed that people of different social classes think differently. The bourgeois think differently than the serf. The idea that man, because of his social status, cannot think the same became known as “polylogism.” The term polylogism was first introduced by Ludwig von Mises. Von Mises wrote:
Polylogism is the replacement of reasoning and science by superstitions. It is the characteristic mentality of an age of chaos.
The Ayn Rand lexicon defines polylogism as,
(T)he doctrine that there is not one correct logic, one correct method of reasoning necessarily binding on all men, but that there are many logics, each valid for some men and invalid for the others.
As Spock from Star Trek would say, “That’s illogical.”
What used to be logical has now become illogical. What was once unthinkable (e.g. infanticide) has now become public policy. The belief that a male can be a female is illogical but perfectly permissible under polylogism.
The Rand lexicon states,
Aware of the fact that communism cannot be defended by reason, the Marxists proceeded to turn the fallacy of ad hominem into a formal philosophic doctrine, claiming that logic varies with men’s economic class, and that objections to communist doctrine may be dismissed as expressions of “bourgeois logic.” Thus, vilification of an opponent replaces analysis of his argument . . . . Kant [is] the real father of polylogism, the first among the major philosophers officially to sever logic from reality . . . In terms of fundamentals, Nazi polylogism, like Nazi subjectivism, is simply a pluralizing and racializing of the Kantian view.
Polylogism is not a theory of logic—it is a denial of logic and therefore reality. Polylogists can believe whatever they want, reality be damned.
Ayn Rand wrote:
“The uncontested absurdities of today are the accepted slogans of tomorrow. They come to be accepted by degrees, by dint of constant pressure on one side and constant retreat on the other – until one day when they are suddenly declared to be the country’s official ideology.”
If you disagree with a polylogist you are are committing a hate crime and must therefore be condemned in the most virulent manner. Absurdities are the new normal. If you don’t believe me just turn on your TV and watch the polylogists lecture to you what to think.
RELATED VIDEO: Why You Can’t Argue With A Leftist.