I have learned three absolutes about the climate from former White House space program adviser, consultant to NASA, and space shuttle engineer John Casey, the author of Dark Winter,
- The climate changes.
- These changes in the climate follow naturally recurring cycles.
- There is noting mankind can do to change these naturally recurring cycles.
QUESTION: If mankind cannot control the weather, a subset of the climate, then why does anyone believe mankind can control the climate?
The New Green Deal
Having said this, Democrat Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez believes that government can control the climate. Ocasio-Cortez is so sure that she has drafted a Green New Deal resolution to address the “impending disaster” of climate change.
This Green New Deal resolution includes:
- (C) meeting 100 percent of the power demand in the United States through clean, renewable, and zero-emission energy sources, including— (i) by dramatically expanding and up grading renewable power sources; and (ii) by deploying new capacity;
- (E) upgrading all existing buildings in the United States and building new buildings to achieve maximum energy efficiency, water efficiency, safety, affordability, comfort, and durability, including through electrification;
- (H) overhauling transportation systems in the United States to remove pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector as much as is technologically feasible, including through investment in— (i) zero-emission vehicle infrastructure and manufacturing; (ii) clean, affordable, and accessible public transit; and (iii) high-speed rail;
- (G) ensuring that the Green New Deal mobilization creates high-quality union jobs that pay prevailing wages, hires local workers, offers training and advancement opportunities, and guarantees wage and benefit parity for workers affected by the transition;
- (H) guaranteeing a job with a family-sustaining wage, adequate family and medical leave, paid vacations, and retirement security to all people of the United States;
- (I) strengthening and protecting the right of all workers to organize, unionize, and collectively bargain free of coercion, intimidation, and harassment;
- (O) providing all people of the United States with— (i) high-quality health care; (ii) affordable, safe, and adequate housing; (iii) economic security; and (iv) clean water, clean air, healthy and affordable food, and access to nature.
The Green New Deal is a massive government takeover of every aspect of the U.S. economy and individual choice: from wages and benefits, to healthcare, to unionizing all jobs, to housing, to controls on all water and food supplies, to transportation, to energy supplies. Each of these areas, and more, would be 100% under the control of the federal government should the New Green Deal become law.
The Green New Deal is Socialism on steroids.
A new Utopian society remade in the name of saving the planet.
Where Communists want to control the means of production, socialists, like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, want to regulate the means of production.
Everything would be subject to government approval, government control, government regulation and government over site. Life itself would be at the whim of government bureaucrats. If you are deemed not productive then you become useless to society and harm the planet. Therefore, you must be eliminated.
All of the key features of the New Green Deal are already available via the free and open market system. What the New Green Deal does not allow is individuals to choose life, liberty and their own pursuit of happiness. Thinking is no longer tolerated, obeying is the new mantra.
Leon Trotsky wrote:
“In a country where the sole employer is the State, opposition means death by slow starvation. The old principle: who does not work shall not eat, has been replaced by a new one: who does not obey shall not eat.”
Under the New Green Deal all decisions about all aspects of human life and living would shift from individual choice to government mandates.
Under the New Green Deal the employer is the State!
Read the Green New Deal resolution.
RELATED VIDEO: Climate Change: What’s So Alarming?