Natural News in a column titled “How AOC’s Green New Deal would unleash a catastrophic food collapse and Venezuela-style mass starvation across America” published the following infographic. This picture shows how fossil fuels are critical to the production of food.
View infographic at this link
Shutting down fossil fuels would collapse the U.S. food supply and lead to mass starvation
Natural News has conducted a straightforward analysis of the agricultural use of fossil fuels and how the food production industry would be impacted by ending the use of fossil fuels in the next decade. A detailed infographic, shown below, summarizes these important findings.
What we’ve found should be alarming for anyone paying attention to reality. Here are the main points:
- The agricultural industry depends heavily on fossil fuels for farming, harvesting, milling, manufacturing, transport and even for fertilizers. (See statistics in the infographic, below.)
- Food imports depend almost entirely on fossil fuel-powered ships, shipping port transport equipment (such as cranes and forklifts), long haul rigs and other heavy equipment that run almost exclusively on fossil fuels.
- There are no “green energy” replacements capable of powering most of the heavy equipment used in food production, manufacturing and transportation, aside from small, battery-powered forklifts that must be recharged for many hours between uses. (There are no battery-powered ocean freighter ships that can cross the Pacific Ocean on battery power, for example. They simply do not exist.)
- Ending fossil fuels and combustion engines would result in a catastrophic collapseof national food production.
- Our rough estimate is that food supplies would collapse by 80% within the first 12 months after fossil fuels are outlawed.
- The result would be mass starvation, social chaos, uncontrolled outbreaks of infectious disease, a collapse of government, widespread mayhem and lawlessness.
- Under the scenario, the GDP of the United State of America would plummet by an estimated 70% as the national economy grinds to a halt.
- America would cease to exist as a nation and would be especially vulnerable to invasions by foreign forces such as China, Russia or even migrant waves of military-aged men from Central and South America. (Is this what Ocasio-Cortez wants to see happen?)
EDITORS NOTE: The featured image and infographic are by NaturalNews.com.