When Abp. Carlo Maria Viganò originally released his 11-page testimony in August 2018, Pope Francis stated that he would not dignify it with a response. Yet on May 28, Francis finally broke his silence claiming that he “knew nothing” about McCarrick. This apparent contradiction has set off a firestorm of commentary in the Catholic media. With each passing revelation, Abp. Viganò has been vindicated time and time again. Complicit Clergy has been tracking news which appears to corroborate Viganò’s original allegations. At last count, there are no fewer than 13 occasions in which Abp. Viganò has been vindicated:
- Viganò Corroboration #13: Report Released By McCarrick’s Former Secretary Confirms Viganò’s Testimony
- Viganò Corroboration #12: Former U.S. Nuncio Heard Rumours of McCarrick Misconduct in 1994
- Viganò Corroboration #11: Cardinal Ouellet’s Letter Confirms Sanctions Were Imposed on McCarrick
- Viganò Corroboration #10: Did Cdl. Maradiaga Just Confirm Viganò’s Claims About Pope Francis?
- Viganò Corroboration #09: Argentine Author Says Viganò Speaking the Truth about Pope Francis
- Viganò Corroboration #08: Letter Confirms Vatican Officials Knew of McCarrick Allegations in 2000
- Viganò Corroboration #07: “Retired” Cardinal McCarrick Traveled the Globe During Francis’ Papacy
- Viganò Corroboration #06: Viganò Story About Kim Davis Is Confirmed
- Viganò Corroboration #05: When Francis Rebuked Viganò
- Viganò Corroboration #04: McCarrick Was Removed from Living at the Seminary
- Viganò Corroboration #03: Pope Benedict Confirms He Disciplined McCarrick
- Viganò Corroboration #02: Spokesman Confirms Cdl. Wuerl Cancelled McCarrick Meeting With Seminarians
- Viganò Corroboration #01: Former Nunciature Official Says “Vigano Said the Truth“
This track record should once and for all silence Viganò’s critics who claim he is not telling the truth.
Originally published at Complicit Clergy.
EDITORS NOTE: This Church Militant column is republished with permission.