“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” – Mark Twain
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” – Mark Twain
On August 8th, 2019 Democratic Party presidential candidate Joe Biden said at a small campaign rally in Iowa, “We choose truth over facts.”
It is important to understand that the Democratic Party has been choosing truth over facts for some time. The Democratic Party has come to accept these truths as facts.
The idea of saying what one believes to be true regardless of the facts is now common place within the Democratic Party. Let’s look at just thirteen beliefs that the Democratic Party has embraced that validate what Joe Biden said.
Here is our list Democratic Truths (D-Truth) vs. Fact:
- D-Truth: a person can choose their sex. Fact: there are only two sexes, male (XY) and female (XX).
- D-Truth: the world is going to end in 10 years. Fact: no one, other than God, knows when the world will end.
- D-Truth: Mankind can change the climate (weather) by passing laws. Facts: The climate changes, these changes follow natural cycles, there is nothing mankind can do to change these natural cycles.
- D-Truth: Socialism works. Fact: there are no examples in history where socialism has work. Socialism has led to mass starvation and death wherever it has been tried.
- D-Truth: Guns kill people. Fact: people kill people using a variety of weapons, the most common being a knife.
- D-Truth: Government redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor ends poverty. Fact: See #4 above.
- D-Truth: Giving special rights to certain groups under the ideal of social justice is a sign of tolerance. Fact: Giving all people equal protection under the law is justice.
- D-Truth: Giving government welfare to non-citizens over citizens is good public policy. Fact: Welfare causes dependence and is paid for by taxing working class citizens.
- D-Truth: The federal government must take more control of everything. Fact: Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution only gives the federal government “the power to coin money, to regulate commerce, to declare war, to raise and maintain armed forces, and to establish a Post Office.”
- D-Truth: We must pay reparations to blacks for past injustices. Fact: The 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments, known collectively as the Civil War Amendments, passed to ensure equality for recently emancipated slaves. The 13th Amendment banned slavery and all involuntary servitude, except in the case of punishment for a crime.
- D-Truth: Abortion, up to birth, is a woman’s right. Fact: Abortion, up to birth, is murder and denies the unborn infant its due process rights under the U.S. Constitution.
- D-Truth: Elected officials know what is best for their constituents. Fact: God knows what is best as written in the Ten Commandments (Genesis 2:1–2 and Exodus 31:17) and the Golden Rule (Matthew 7:12).
- D-Truth: Time to fight for “democracy.” Fact: America is a Constitutional Republic. John Adams wrote, “Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.”
If you have other Democratic truths vs. facts for comparison please leave them in the comments section below. We will add it to our list.
© All rights reserved.