President Donald J. Trump sent a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi today, exposing Democrats’ partisan impeachment crusade for the unprecedented, unconstitutional sham that it is.
A few important excerpts from the President’s letter:
- “The Articles of Impeachment introduced by the House Judiciary Committee are not recognizable under any standard of Constitutional theory, interpretation, or jurisprudence. They include no crimes, no misdemeanors, and no offenses whatsoever.”
- “Speaker Pelosi, you admitted just last week at a public forum that your party’s impeachment effort has been going on for ‘two and a half years,’ long before you ever heard about a phone call with Ukraine.”
- “Before the Impeachment Hoax, it was the Russian Witch Hunt.”
- “You are the ones interfering in America’s elections. You are the ones subverting America’s Democracy. You are the ones Obstructing Justice. You are the ones bringing pain and suffering to our Republic for your own selfish personal, political, and partisan gain.”
- “You and your party are desperate to distract from America’s extraordinary economy, incredible jobs boom, record stock market, soaring confidence, and flourishing citizens. Your party simply cannot compete with our record.”
- “Our Founders feared the tribalization of partisan politics, and you are bringing their worst fears to life.”
President Trump’s next big move to help American students
In the United States, every student should have the chance to earn a high-quality education, regardless of background. This week, President Trump is signing a bill that will make that promise closer to reality than ever before.
The FUTURE Act, which stands for Fostering Undergraduate Talent by Unlocking Resources for Education, accomplishes two major objectives. First, it permanently reauthorizes funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), as well as other minority-serving institutions to the tune of $255 million. Second, it will simplify the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the loan repayment process for all, significantly reducing the paperwork burden placed on borrowers.
President Trump has made fighting for struggling, historically forgotten communities a hallmark of his Administration. Support for HBCUs has been a key piece of that agenda. Barely a month after taking office, he signed an executive order to move the Federal HBCU initiative back within White House purview. This September, he spoke at the 2019 National Historically Black Colleges and Universities Week Conference.
“Every day of my presidency, we’ll strive to give every child, of every background and every race, religion, color, and creed, the best chance to reach that beautiful American Dream,” he said. “We will never let you down, and we will never stop fighting for you.”
© All rights reserved.