Gallop released a new poll that shows the views of Americans is improving. The poll states:
Average satisfaction across 27 issues is higher than when Trump took office
President Donald Trump’s upbeat view of the nation’s economy, military strength, economic opportunity and overall quality of life will likely resonate with Americans when he delivers his State of the Union address to Congress next week. Most Americans say they are satisfied with each of these aspects of the country as 2020 begins. The majority also feel positively about the positions of women and gays in society.
Issues on Which Americans Are Broadly Satisfied at the Start of 2020
|The overall quality of life||84||16||68|
|The nation’s military strength and preparedness||81||13||68|
|The opportunity for a person to get ahead by working hard||72||27||45|
|The nation’s security from terrorism||68||27||41|
|The state of the nation’s economy||68||29||39|
|The position of women in the nation||63||36||27|
|The influence of organized religion||59||38||21|
|The acceptance of gays and lesbians in the nation||56||40||16|
|GALLUP, JAN. 2-15, 2020|
Issues where Americans are dissatisfied include:
- The level of immigration into the country today
- The amount Americans pay in federal taxes
- The size and power of the federal government
- The nation’s policies regarding the abortion issue
- The quality of public education in the nation
- The moral and ethical climate
Changes Since Trump Took Office
As Trump enters his re-election year, Americans are more positive on eight key issues than they were just before he took office in January 2017.
- Gallup records double-digit increases in public satisfaction with the nation’s economy, security from terrorism, military strength and the state of race relations.
- Satisfaction is also up by between six and nine points on crime, the position of blacks and other racial minorities, the distribution of income and wealth, and the opportunity for a person to get ahead through hard work.
Over the same period, Americans have grown slightly less satisfied on three issues: abortion (down 7 points), the level of immigration (-6) and the environment (-6).
© All rights reserved.