Failed Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum revealed on Sunday that he is entering rehab after being discovered last week in a Miami hotel room with a male escort and bags of meth, naked and too drunk to explain himself to police officers.
Gillum, who claimed he had merely drunk too much at a friend’s wedding earlier in the day, said in a statement Sunday night that the incident was “a wake-up call for me” and that he had decided, after conversations with his family and deep reflection, to seek help in rehab.
“Since my race for governor ended, I fell into a depression that has led to alcohol abuse,” he said, pledging to work to “heal fully and show up in the world as a more complete person. I want to apologize to my family, friends and the people of Florida who have supported me and put their faith in me over the years.”
If Gillum, who is married with three children, comes out as gay in light of this incident, he will be celebrated and exonerated by the left, though he will have destroyed the lives of his wife and children in the process.
14 Known Connections
- strongly favors the expansion of Obamacare as a step toward a government-run, single-payer healthcare system;
- strongly favors government-enforced affirmative action policies designed to compensate nonwhites and women for the effects of past and present discrimination;
- strongly favors the implementation of a pathway-to-citizenship for illegal aliens;
- strongly opposes Voter ID laws as racist schemes that are designed to suppress minority voting; and
- believes that the availability of guns should be severely restricted, even for law-abiding citizens who have never been convicted of a crime, and that the 2nd Amendment does not guarantee Americans the right to possess a firearm.
EDITORS NOTE: This Discover the Networks column is republished with permission. © All rights reserved.