— The White House (@WhiteHouse) March 20, 2020
President Trump and the White House Coronavirus Task Force announced additional actions today as part of the ongoing, government-wide response to the global pandemic:
- To help American families and businesses, the Treasury Department announced that Tax Day will be moved from April 15 to July 15. No interest or penalties will be charged for filing during this extended window, but any American expecting refunds or credits may claim now to get their money sooner.
- To minimize impact on our nation’s students, the Department of Education is temporarily waiving all interest on federally held student loans. Secretary Betsy DeVos has also directed federal lenders to allow borrowers to suspend their student loan payments without penalty for at least the next 60 days.
- Early, decisive travel restrictions helped slow the spread of Coronavirus to our country. Today, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced that the United States and Mexico have agreed to restrict non-essential travel across their border.
- More help is on the way. The Trump Administration worked with Congress last week on a bipartisan deal to deliver economic relief and support for American families, which the President signed into law on Wednesday. More legislative action is expected in the coming days.
- As a reminder, this week, President Trump issued a nationwide call to action for every American to help slow the spread of Coronavirus over the next 15 days. We encourage you all to continue to put these guidelines into practice and share them with your communities to help save lives.
Share with us:
- Know of an inspirational story? We know that Americans have gone above and beyond to serve their communities during this time. If you would like to share with us any inspirational stories in your communities, let us know and send them our way.
- Who else needs this information? Please send us any names with organizations and e-mails for other faith leaders that would benefit from receiving these updates.
- 15 Days to Slow the Spread (English)
- 15 Days to Slow the Spread (Spanish)
- Recommended Preventative Practices and FAQs for Faith-based and Community Leaders
- Travel Information: State Department CDC
© All rights reserved.