The UN is heading to Glasgow, Scotland, for “COP 26,” which is being billed as the most important climate conference since Paris.
CFACT will be there!
COP 26 has been on hold for a year due to fears of COVID-19.
It seems the UN has learned the wrong lesson from the pandemic. Instead of realizing our economy is fragile and supply chains must be safeguarded, the UN has unfortunately learned that fear works in achieving tyrannical ends. CFACT’s Marc Morano has reported extensively at CFACT’s Climate Depot, that Team Warming has developed a severe case of lockdown envy, and views the economic dislocations wrought in the name of combating the pandemic as a blueprint for future lockdowns in the name of climate.
President Biden and “climate envoy” John Kerry are both headed to Glasgow anxious to “restore American leadership” on global warming. Having these two feckless seniors land in Scotland means the time has well and truly come for those seeking to use the UN climate process as an opportunity to hamstring American power and influence and shake Uncle Sam down for cash.
Here are just a few of the issues on the table in Glasgow:
- “Net Zero” has become the buzzword to watch. The Biden Administration is pushing to electrify everything and to generate all that electricity with intermittent wind and solar which are not up to the task;
- “Nationally determined contributions” are each countries’ individual plans pursuant to the Paris Climate Accord. Glasgow is the UN’s chance to rope America in while China, Russia and India skate free.
- The UN is hoping Biden will pump billions into its Green Climate Fund with a heaping extra payout to make up for the funds the Trump Administration was unwilling to waste. Obama diverted the cash sidestepping congressional appropriation. Will Biden?
- Loss and damage means placing financial responsibility on developed nations when extreme weather events strike poor countries. So far the U.S. has managed to steer clear of this one. However, activist-driven “attribution science” now wrongfully pins every natural weather event that comes along on climate. This has developing nations licking their chops. Biden and Kerry may be just the pair to surrender.
- China continues to add coal plants as fast as its economy will permit, and now emits more greenhouse gases than the rest of the developed world COMBINED! China recently pledged to fight climate change by not helping Africans build their electric grids (while continuing to expand its own). China’s ploy to distract us? Demand America pay more!
CFACT will keep you fully informed as the UN climate conference unfolds in Scotland.
One person to watch at COP 26 is Greta Thunberg. Watch for the unscientific, unsmiling young Swedish scold to continue to hector world leaders. Greta has been none too amused by international climate diplomacy recently saying, “ Build back better. Blah, blah, blah. Green economy. Blah, blah, blah. Net zero by 2050. Blah, blah, blah. Climate neutral. Blah, blah blah.” Greta may be on to something with her “Blah, blah, blahs,” but when she follows it up with a demand for Socialist “climate justice” she becomes one more opponent of individual freedom.
Socialism is not the solution to climate change or anything else.
RELATED ARTICLE: Dems Sacrifice Taxpayers To Green Delusion
EDITORS NOTE: This CFACT column is republished with permission. ©All rights reserved.