The League for Islamic-American Relations (LIAR) — Part 1
CAIR – the Council on American-Islamic Relations – holds itself out as a civil rights organization, but it is actually Hamas in America and was named an unindicted co-conspirator in a terrorism financing case. False narratives are CAIR’s stock in trade.
I’m about to be critical of CAIR – very critical. But, before you dismiss everything I say as ‘Islamophobic’, you should know CAIR itself says, “It is not appropriate to label all, or even the majority of those, who question Islam and Muslims as Islamophobes.” (CAIR Report 2013, Legislating Fear: Islamophobia and its Impact in the United States, p. ix).
False narrative number one is found in a CAIR op-ed from last August – ‘jihad’ does not mean holy war. “It refers instead to a general striving towards the good,” CAIR claims or, as it is often put, ‘jihad is just a spiritual struggle’. Which is ridiculous, like the time a Muslim FBI employee told an official gathering in Detroit, ‘jihad is a struggle against eating too much cheesecake.’ Tell it to the families of the 9/11 victims. CAIR knows it is being disingenuous. It distributes an approved translation of the Quran for America which contains footnotes referring to taking prisoners and holding women as captives in jihad as holy war. Moreover, CAIR does not deal with or even mention in its op-ed the many passages in the Quran calling for holy war. Here are just three:
- Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God’s religion shall reign supreme. Quran 8:40
- I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads; strike off the very tips of their fingers. Quran 8:12
- If you encounter the disbelievers in a battle, strike-off their heads. Take them as captives when they are defeated. Quran 47:4
In light of these passages, for CAIR to deny ‘jihad’ means violent holy war is gaslighting of the highest order. It doesn’t take an Islamic scholar to understand what ‘strike off their heads’ means. All such scholarship does is blow smoke. These are the words of Allah and they cannot be changed, Muslims believe.
The second false narrative in CAIR’s op-ed holds that ‘sharia’ or Islamic law is just about praying to Allah, being honest, and giving charity to the poor. Here again, CAIR does not mention the passages in the Quran calling for sharia supremacy, that is world domination and the forced conversion of all humankind to Islam. Here are three passages from standard Islamic doctrine documenting that Islam is all about sharia supremacy:
- Muhammad said: “I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify to the fact that there is no god but Allah, and believe in me (that) I am the Messenger and in all that I have brought.” Muslim: C9B1N31 (hadith)
- The only religion acceptable before God is Islam. Quran 3:19
- He it is who has sent his Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to make it victorious over all religion even though the infidels may resist. Quran 61:9
So there you have it. Jihad is holy war in service of sharia supremacy and world domination. This approach is sometimes criticized as a ‘literal interpretation’ of standard Islamic doctrine. However, I contend that, if it’s literal, it’s not interpreted. There can be no ‘literal interpretation’, that’s an oxymoron. There is, however, a plain reading of the words on the page, and the words plainly say all non-Muslims are to be vanquished until the entire world submits to Islam. No amount of flim-flam from CAIR, the FBI, or the other LIARS in our government who don’t want to deal with the threat Islam poses to the Constitution, national security, and law enforcement can change that.
That’s it for today. I’ll pick up with this tomorrow.
©Christopher Wright. All rights reserved.
RELATED ARTICLE: CAIR Condemns 19th Century Slavery in the United States, But What About Muhammad?
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!