It is time to act to stop school shootings. We have created a draft letter that readers can send to all U.S. Senators to pass laws to stop school shootings. We have title it The Stop It Now law.
What we have noticed is that politicians have a do something mentality when it comes to school shootings. But their do something legislation focuses on the weapon of choice of the killer and not the killer himself.
The Stop It Now law focuses on the killer and only the killer or potential killer or killers.
PROPOSED LETTER TO YOUR SENATORS
Dear Senator ___________________
I ask that you pass before Tuesday, November 8, 2022 a law to prevent violent criminals from attacking our most innocent and vulnerable, the children in our schools. We have seen too many children killed or maimed and criminals not getting tried rapidly and charged in a way that sends a clear signal that this type of attack will not be tolerated by you and your fellow Senators and members of Congress.
It’s past time to take action.
I suggest calling this new legislation The Stop It Now Act.
The Stop It Now Act would:
- Make it a federal crime to plan to enter any school at any level with the intent to do harm to either students or teachers.
- If a person, or persons, does enter any school at any level with the intent to do harm to either students or teachers then that person, or persons, would be charged with a federal crime and if convicted with each count being a life sentence in a federal prison.
- If any person or persons does enter any school at any level and that person or persons harms or kills either a student or teacher then that person or persons are charged with a federal crime and if convicted are then executed by a means currently used to execute others, e.g. terrorists.
- That those who aid or abet a person or persons in carrying out an attack on any school with the knowledge that the person they aided had the intent to harm or kill a student or teacher be prosecuted under provisions 1 and 2 above.
- Repeal any and all “Gun Free Zones” federal legislation. Allow each state to decide how to best protect their students and teachers from those who wish to do harm to students and teachers at all levels.
I ask that you and your staff work across party lines to pass such legislation and have it signed by the president before Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
If you wish to alter this email please feel free to do so to add your thoughts and concerns. If you wish please cc us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are the email addresses of the members of the the U.S. Senate, their staff and their campaign headquarters.
Just copy and past the list into the TO box of your email or if you just wish to contact your two senators just select their names.
NOTE: We also ask that you send a copy of the email to your member of congress.
EMAILS OF U.S. SENATORS AND STAFF
©Dr. Rich Swier. All rights reserved.