“What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven.” — J. C. F. Hölderlin, German poet philosopher.
It is now clear that the intent of Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. is to take America down a super highway to serfdom.
In 1944 F. A. Hayek in his seminal work The Road to Serfdom wrote,
Only under the influence of the strong democratic currents preceding the revolution of 1848 did socialism begin to ally itself with the forces of freedom. But it took the new “democratic socialism” a long time to live down the suspicions aroused by its antecedents. Nobody saw more clearly than de Tocqueville that democracy as an essentially individualist institution stood in an irreconcilable conflict with socialism:
Democracy extends the sphere of individual freedom [he said in 1848], socialism restricts it. Democracy attaches all possible value to each man; socialism makes each man a mere agent, a mere number. Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word: equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.’
Biden’s Super Highway to Serfdom
Biden ran as a moderate in 2020 but his long record in the U.S. Congress and his policies since his inauguration have been anything but moderate. Biden and the Democrat Party seek equality in restraint and servitude. They’re diversity, inclusion and equity mantra is neither diverse, inclusive or equal. His policies are designed to give absolute power to a centralized government at the cost of the loss of individual liberty and freedom.
Today America now has only two parties: U.S. Patriots vs Them—the ‘them’ being subhuman ‘abort them all’ Democrats!
Kenneth R. Timmerman recently wrote,
Today’s Woke Left are the new Puritans. They do not seek to liberate our minds from habit, or challenge us to innovation, but to enslave us in new doctrines far more rigid than anything earlier generations of Americans could conceive, from redefining biological sex to re-engineering freedom itself.
They have already held dress rehearsals of their Salem Witch Trials: the Mueller hoax, two impeachment fantasies, and the phantasmagoric January 6 inquisition. Now they want to put all of us on trial.
Democrats have set themselves up as the defenders of “Democracy” in a nation that was founded and remains a Constitutional Republic. They continue on their quest to fundamentally transform America from a free society into a society based upon dependency.
James Woods put this movement toward restraint and servitude succinctly in this tweet:
There was a time when economic malfeasance was a death knell for politicians at election time. As our nation now veers toward total socialism, people no longer vote to protect wealth they once worked for.
When you suckle at the government teat, you simply vote for more milk.
— James Woods (@RealJamesWoods) November 13, 2022
The Us v Them mentality of the Dems, the “them” being subhuman “abort them all”!
According to the president of the United States:
“The MAGA Republicans don’t just threaten our personal rights and economic security. They’re a threat to our very democracy. They refuse to accept the will of the people. They embrace, embrace political violence. They don’t believe in democracy.”
So-called ‘presidential historian’ Michael Beschloss went even further: “We’re on the edge of a brutal authoritarian system.”
If Republicans win on Tuesday, November 8th, 2022, Beschloss said, “our children will be sentenced to death and put in prison.”
It’s too easy to say that Biden and the others have lost their minds. They believe every word of it. Even a red tsunami on Tuesday will not cure them of their conviction that they alone stand up for truth, and that their opponents are the embodiment of evil.
Because they are convinced they have definitively won the battle for the soul of America, the Woke Left is now treating their political enemies as a vanquished population — to be slowly starved, silenced, and banned from social intercourse.
They are telling this to their supporters every day: they are evil, they are corrupt, they want to destroy America, destroy democracy.
The Woke Left sees us as players in the Hunger Games.
Today they, the Democrat Party, sound eerily like INGSOC the political party in Orwell’s’ 1984. The INGSOC slogans are:
- Big Brother is Watching You, e.g. FBI using social media, including Facebook, to track Biden’s political opponents.
- War is Peace, e.g. Ukraine, tensions between China and Taiwan, Iran and their internal cultural revolution and the abandoning of Afghanistan leaving behind billions in U.S. military equipment now being used by the Taliban.
- Freedom is Slavery, e.g. Making American Great requires individual freedom and liberty, which is evil.
- Ignorance is Strength, e.g. the dumbing down academically of our public schools, colleges and universities to implement the Democrat agenda of diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past, e.g. Critical Race Theory, the renaming of anything and everything connected to our Founding Fathers and the Civil War in order to reshape history.
The Bottom Line
The choices in 2024 are now crystal clear:
- No inflation, or rampant inflation under Democrats.
- Secure borders, or open borders under Democrats.
- Growth and prosperity, or dependence and poverty under Democrats.
- A nation in Ascent, or a nation in Decline under Democrats.
- Energy independence, or energy poor under Democrats.
- Peace, or constant war under Democrats.
- Law and order, or rampant crime under Democrats.
- Low taxes, or more taxes under Democrats.
- Less federal spending, or more federal spending under Democrats.
- Pro-parent, or parents as domestic terrorists under Democrats.
- Less federal debt, or unending federal debt under Democrats.
- Fewer regulations, or more regulations under Democrats.
- America first, or America last under Democrats.
- Defend the police, or defund the police under Democrats.
- American families first, or American families last under Democrats.
- Alpha males and females, or beta males and females under Democrats.
- Honesty and openness, versus corruption under Democrats.
- Protecting innocent girls and boys, or rampant human trafficking by Democrats.
- Drug free American, or drug addicted America under Democrats.
- Peace in the Middle East, the Abraham Accords, or violence and war in the Middle East.
- Freedom, or slavery under Democrats.
- Pro-life, or pro-death of the unborn under Democrats.
- Economic security, or economic dependency on other under Democrats.
- Military strength, or military weakness under Democrats.
- Marriage between one man and one women, or marriage defined as anything and everything under Democrats.
- Happiness, or human pain and suffering under Democrats.
- Conservationism, or radical environmentalism under Democrats.
- Faith, family and liberty, or godlessness, destruction of the traditional family and tyranny under the Democrats
- A Constitutional Republic, or Communism under Democrats.
- Free and fair elections, or cheating and stealing under Democrats
- God loving, or God and Godliness under attack by the Democrats.
MAGA and Donald J. Trump will go down in history as being the party of U.S. Patriots.
It is important to remember what Donald J. Trump said at his inaugural address,
For too long, a small group in our nation’s capital has reaped the rewards of government, while the people have borne the cost. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in its wealth. Politicians prospered, but the jobs left and the factories closed. The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country. Their victories have not been your victories. Their triumphs have not been your triumphs, and while they celebrated in our nation’s capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land. That all changes, starting right here and right now, because this moment is your moment — it belongs to you. It belongs to everyone gathered here today, and everyone watching, all across America. This is your day. This is your celebration, and this, the United States of America, is your country.
[ … ]
You came by the tens of millions to become part of a historic movement, the likes of which the world has never seen before. At the center of this movement is a crucial conviction, that a nation exists to serve its citizens. Americans want great schools for their children, safe neighborhoods for their families, and good jobs for themselves. These are just and reasonable demands of righteous people and a righteous public, but for too many of our citizens a different reality exists. Mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities, rusted out factories, scattered like tombstones across the across the landscape of our nation, an education system flush with cash, but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of all knowledge, and the crime, and the gangs, and the drugs that have stolen too many lives and robbed our country of so much unrealized potential. This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.
This says it all. Power to the people.
©Dr. Rich Swier. All rights reserved.