John Rutherford, the favored Candidate for Florida’s 4th Congressional District, has unsettling long term ties to groups which have officially been designated as Islamic Terrorist Groups.
The Cabinet and President Tayyp Erdogan of Turkey, a NATO Ally, officially designated the religious movement of U.S.-based Islamic cleric Fethullah Gulen a terrorist group as recently as May, 2016. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) designated the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), a Terrorist Organization in November, 2014.
CAIR has been labeled by the US Government during the U.S. vs HLF Trial of 2008, as a Muslim Brotherhood Entity and the Palestine Committee. These Committees were set up by HAMAS worldwide to further their causes. Saudi Arabia and the UAE have also designated the parent of CAIR, the Muslim Brotherhood a Terrorist Organization.
The founder of the Islamic Gulen Movement, Fethullah Gulen, came to the United States under asylum during the Clinton Presidency after a failed coup to overthrow “Westernized” Turkey and restore it to an Islamic State ruled by Sharia (Islamic law).
Fethullah Gulen, has applied for asylum in several other countries as a result of Turkeys designation and increased pressure for his extradition. Since the Obama administration cannot utter the words “Radical Islam” and embraced the Muslim Brotherhood, the administration’s failure to acknowledge Turkey’s terror classification of the Gulen Movement or extradite Fethullah Gulen should come as no surprise.
While Sheriff Rutherford has maintained an otherwise celebrated career in Law Enforcement, he also appears to be incapable of identifying pro-Sharia Islamists with whom he has embraced. These organizations include Gulenist organizations such as the Atlantic Institute and Amity Turkish Cultural Center (ATCC), which recently changed its name to the Istanbul Center. These groups work side by side with former CAIR/HAMAS National Chairman Dr. Parvez Ahmed and other pro-Sharia Islamists.
Sheriff Rutherford’s inability to distinguish between ‘Friend vs Foe’ leaves him vulnerable to further influence operations which could impact the passage of legislation which could weaken our defenses, leave our borders open, and challenge the supremacy of the US Constitution.
Influence operations targeting Sheriff Rutherford via “Interfaith Outreach” and “Bridge Building” efforts by pro-Sharia Islamist Groups have been successful and therefore render John Rutherford unfit to serve in the US Congress. Success of these operations will be demonstrated in subsequent articles are evidenced by the following:
- Penetration of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office (JSO) by Muslim Brotherhood operatives as it relates to officer training programs.
- Blatant disregard and willful blindness to credible information exposing the subversive nature of organizations and individuals currently embraced by former Sheriff Rutherford dating back to at least 2009.
- Shortly after returning from the ATCC guided trip to Turkey, Sheriff Rutherford, in an official capacity, sent correspondence commending Gulenist Operatives Akif Aydin (Dir. ATCC & River City Science Academy – a Gulen Charter School) and Alex Silva for being “Great Ambassador’s of the Turkish people who helped us [Mr. & Mrs. Rutherford] Grow in Knowledge and Appreciation for Islam”.
- Sheriff Rutherford disregarded credible information in regard to the subversive nature of the ATCC and a few months after returning from Turkey, extended the credibility of the Sheriff’s office by becoming a member of the Board of Advisors. He remained on this Board for approximately (4) years.
- Despite being informed as early as 2009 and again in 2011, by ACT! for America’s Jacksonville Chapter of ongoing FBI investigations into the Gulen Charter School Network [for H1B Visa and other violations of law], Sheriff Rutherford chose to remain a member of the ATCC Advisory Board, which has subsequently been designated a terrorist organization by our NATO Ally, Turkey.
- According to sources inside and outside JSO, the department allegedly adopted an unofficial policy of hostility at the direction of Sheriff Rutherford, towards the Jacksonville chapter of ACT! for America, the leading watchdog group working to expose pro-Sharia entities.
- Sheriff Rutherford also received endorsements during his re-election bid from known Muslim Brother members and CAIR/HAMAS spin-off organizations. One such groups website states only candidates who have “built a significant relationship with our [Muslim] Community” are endorsed.
- As recently as February 2016, former Sheriff Rutherford was personally thanked by the Atlantic Institute for his work to facilitate “outreach” targeted at his Protégé Sheriff Mike Williams. The Atlantic Institute is another pro-Sharia, pro-Jihadist Gulen entity which shares office space with the Istanbul Center, formerly the ATCC.
The United States has been conducting a “War on Terror” (WOT) for over (15) years, yet every time a Jihadist yells Allahu Akbar, and attacks, we hear the same tired responses and disconnect between the attacks and Islam. The reaction by our media and leadership in both law enforcement and the community is to seek out Islamic authorities, which almost without exception are members of the Muslim Brotherhood. How is that possible?
After the Orlando terror attack, the largest attack on US soil since 9/11, Law Enforcement Officials trotted out Imam Musri, of the Islamic Society of Central Florida (ISCF) to be their Islamic spokesperson, despite the fact the Mosque he heads is an affiliate of the Islamic Society of North American (ISNA) and owned by the North American Islamic Trust (NAIT), which are both Co-Conspirators in the largest terrorism finance trial in U.S. history.
Additionaly, the ISCF Mosque was caught raising over $55,000 for HAMAS, after investigative teams from the Jacksonville and Orlando Chapters of ACT! for America infiltrated and obtained video produced by the United West, which captured these fundraising activities. This resulted in the U.S. Government banning former British MP George Galloway from entry to the United States.
Senate and other Hearings have already established training by DHS and the FBI has been compromised by the Muslim Brotherhood, language identifying the enemy and factual threat doctrine training has been purged. Phil Haney of the DHS National Targeting Center, became a federal whistleblower, detailing the surrender of our National Security apparatus in his tell all book “See Something…Say Nothing; A Homeland Security Officer Exposes the Governments Submission to Jihad”.
Sheriff Rutherford, is a prime example of Law Enforcement Leadership failures in the WOT.
During a Q & A session, in early 2010, at the South Side Republican Club, Sheriff Rutherford was commended on his job as it related to criminal activity. However, it was his response to the follow-up question regarding national security and the growing Jihadist threat which captured the concern of this writer and the audience that day.
Sheriff Rutherford was asked about (5) basic documents; strategic Muslim Brotherhood documents which laid out plans to subvert and destroy America from within. After stating he had not heard of these documents, Sheriff Rutherford was informed about the subversive nature of the Amity Turkish Cultural Center. (ATCC) and its founder Fetullah Gulen, who were providing trips to Turkey for key members of the community.
Rutherford, interrupted and stated he had attended one such a trip. It was made clear to him, these trips were in reality influence operations, the effect of which remained to be seen. Unfortunately, a few months later Sheriff John Rutherford became a member of the ATCC Advisory Board. This will be discussed in greater detail in a subsequent article.
In January 2015, Sheriff Candidate Mike Williams was the guest speaker at a video recorded event for Grassroots 4 Victory. During Q & A, Mr. Williams was briefly informed by Randy McDaniels, founder of ACT! for America’s Jacksonville Chapter, about the 2010 exchange with Sheriff John Rutherford and shared some of the same concerns voiced then.
Sheriff’s Candidate Mike Williams, only took moments to come to a sound conclusion, stating that if he was elected, he would not lend the credibility of the Sheriff’s Office to that [ATCC/Istanbul Center] Organization. Williams went on to say that he had been the Division Chief for DHS on Counter Terrorism for over (6) years and I’ve never heard of any of the names or documents you mentioned and it’s obvious you know what you’re talking about.
Based on his response, Candidate Williams was asked if he would be open to National security experts recommended by the questioner [Randy McDaniels] to train his JSO officers, to which he responded in the affirmative.
All Sheriff candidates we spoke to during the election cycle stated Counter Terrorism training was typically the responsibility of DHS and the FBI. None of the candidates we spoke with said they had heard of these basic enemy documents, with the exception of Ken Jefferson, who is currently serving on the Board of Directors for the Atlantic Institute. As a panelist for both the Democrat and Republican during ongoing Sheriff debates in Putnam County, we experience the same results, fortunately there is unanimous consensus from these candidates for these experts to provide training for their officers upon their election. State and Local Law Enforcement, Must take the lead in the fight against Jihad.
These experts, mentors, and friends such as John Guandolo, Clare Lopez, Maj. Stephen Coughlin, and DHS Whistle Blower Phil Haney, as well as others will provide JSO what has thus far has been missing, a factual understanding of the enemy threat doctrine. This will ensure the brave men and women under Sheriff Williams leadership will have the training necessary to more effectively counter the threat and fulfill their oaths to protect and serve, without unwittingly serving the goals of the enemy. A special thanks to Sheriff’s Candidate Jimmy Holderfield, for being so receptive and open in voicing his support for this training for JSO.
Shortly after the election, Sheriff Williams took the initial step in honoring his commitment by taking a meeting with former Sheriff Rutherford and John Guandolo. This meeting was facilitated by Billie Tucker of Grassroots 4 Victory. Unfortunately, it has been almost a year with no follow-up or training for our officers.
Currently, ACT! for America’s Jacksonville Chapter and the Center for Security Policy will arrange for a limited amount of training from these experts at no cost to the Sheriff’s Department.
I would encourage the following:
- Vote for a Congressional candidate who has the ability to discern between ‘Friend vs Foe’ and the courage to act in the best interest of Florida.
- Contact Sheriff Mike Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org and Gary Dickenson, Community Affairs Division at email@example.com to respectfully request Sheriff Williams continue to honor his commitment to protect the citizens of Jacksonville by ensuring his officers expeditiously receive the best training possible on the enemy threat doctrine.
Recommended National Security Experts include:
John Guandolo is a former graduate of the US Naval Academy, USMC Combat Platoon Commander during Desert Storm, and as a member of the FBI, wrote the first training manual for the FBI on the Muslim Brotherhood and Islamic Movement in America, receiving the “Defender of the Homeland” award from Senators Kyle and Lieberman. His also the author of “Raising a Jihadi Generation”
Maj. Stephen Coughlin esq is probably the most brilliant intelligence analyst in the nation, predicted the “Arab Spring”; more aptly the consolidation of Muslim Brotherhood power in the M.E. He was called back to active duty to serve in the Pentagons “J2” after 9/11 and wrote the thesis “To Our Great Detriment; Ignoring what Extremist say about Jihad”; a crystal ball writing on the failures we would face due to the incoherence in the WOT. His latest book “Catastrophic Failure; blindfolding America in the face of Jihad” details how our Government has outsourced our war fighting strategy to one which is actually hostile to the WOT. Both are must reads for Military, LEO’s, and Elected officials. A short PDF “Burning Down the House” is a great primer for those pressed for time.
Clare Lopez is Vice President for Research and Analysis at the Center for Security Policy, a member of Sen. Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign national security advisory team. a member of the Citizens Commission on Benghazi. Fmr Vice President of the Intelligence Summit, a career operations officer with the CIA, a professor at the Centre for Counterintelligence and Security Studies, Executive Director of the Iran Policy Committee from 2005-2006, and a consultant, intelligence analyst, and researcher for a variety of defense firms.
Philip Haney is a founding member of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and a member of the National Targeting Center, DHS Whistleblower and author of the book “See Something, Say Nothing; A Homeland Security Officer Exposes the Governments Submission to Jihad”.