During America’s first but not last civil war, over 620,000 Americans from both sides died. Today in 2015 liberals and non-Americans are condemning the Confederate flag being flown throughout the south. Anyone who shows any support or sympathy for the hundreds of thousands of Confederate soldiers who were killed or injured, are labeled haters, racists, and bigots.
This act of ignorance of facts and history should be familiar to Americans who denounce Islam (and rightly so). Americans who respect the history of America should not be labeled. Branding and labeling is expected from Islamic terrorists and their supporters (such as CAIR and Obama), but not from educated conservatives. Yes, even some conservatives have jumped on this political bandwagon.
The American civil war did not start based on the issue of slavery. Only the wealthy were able to own slaves and very few people from the South (Confederacy) had anything to do with slavery. Of course slavery is wrong, but it has been a part of world history from the very beginning. The history of slavery needs to be taught in America, but the facts about this issue should be accurate.
Some historical facts about the American Civil War:
- Again slavery was not the primary focus of dispute between the Union (North) and the Confederacy (South). The Union wanted to expand the power of the federal government and the people of the South did not want this. They felt the federal government was already too big and powerful. Does this sound familiar even today?
- Slavery had been around for thousands of years before it appeared in America. Black and white people had been slaves and also slave owners.
- The majority of black slaves were captured and sold into slavery by black owners for economic profit.
- Islam has always advocated slavery and continues to this day to authorize Muslims to own slaves.
- During the American Civil War wealthy people from both the north and south owned slaves.
- President Abe Lincoln was the first U.S. President elected from the Republican Party. Therefore the Republican Party was responsible for the abolition of slavery and not the Democratic Party.
- Slavery continues to thrive around the world and even today in America. Liberal women continue to support a religion (Islam) that promotes slavery and always has.
- President Obama is a powerful and influential supporter of Islam and therefore supports the worldwide institution of slavery.
For many Americans we had past relatives from both the North and South. There were brothers fighting brothers and fathers fighting sons. Innocent children from both sides died as the result of the war being fought in their states and towns. The American Civil War was a result of power and ignorance by politicians from both sides of the aisle. The Confederate flag does not promote slavery, it promotes the will of people who do not want to live under the thumb of big government.
Two weeks ago in my town of Roanoke, Virginia, several thousand people in cars, trucks, and motorcycles drove through several towns covering hundreds of miles. Each had a Confederate flag flying from their vehicle. They were received by the populace with clapping and praise for their effort to let the federal government know there are people who had relatives killed in the civil war, slavery was not the primary issue during the war, and there are millions of Americans from both the north and south today who will fight to prevent politicians from destroying America.
I encourage all Americans to fly both the Union and Confederate flags. Do not allow a few liberals who support the institution of Islam and Islamic slavery to label you as racists and haters.
Just as I mourn my past relatives from both the north and south who died in the civil war, I support another unpopular movement in America. I support advocating to our children that all lives matter and not just black lives. We have seen the ranting’s and ravings of black and white racists who promote the idea that it is fine to say “Black Lives Matter”, but will fight and are willing to kill if a white person were to say “White Lives Matter” or “All Lives Matter”.