Americans For Truth About Homosexuality (AFTAH) is exposing the radical corporate giving priorities of Southwest Airlines – including Southwest’s role as a major funder of the annual homosexual activist “Creating Change”conference put on by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force (NGLTF).
Creating Change, which begins today in Houston, Texas, promotes: the “homosexualization” of Christianity; extreme transgender activism including laws allowing transgender “girls” and “women” (read: boys/men in dresses) to use female restrooms; pro-homosexual/transgender programs in schools (even for very young students); and sadomasochism.
Creating Change is the organizing event for more than 3,000 LGBT (lesbian, “gay,” bisexual and “transgender”) activists across the nation – with “how to” workshops on:
- Redefining Christianity with pro-homosexual messaging. One Creating Change workshop , “Catholic Teaching and LGBT Justice: Good in Bed Together? God’s Truth!” is described as follows (emphasis added): “Use solid Catholic teaching, tradition and practice when advocating for the equality of same-sex love? Yes.…We will work interactively from your wisdom and lived experience and join it with the best of Catholic sexual ethics to craft a message that speaks powerfully to people in the ‘malleable middle.’ This is subversive work!”
- Advancing the radical “transgender” agenda, including winning government (Obama-care)/insurance coverage for body-disfiguring “sex reassignment surgeries” and hormone therapies;
- Promoting extreme agendas under the guise of “sexual freedom.” As the euphemism for the radical, “anything goes” fringe of liberal sex politics, “Sexual Freedom” includes advocacy for: prostitution (“sex workers”); “polyamory” (multiple-partner sexual relationships); “kinky sex” (sadomasochism); pornography; sexual “swingers”; and opposing obscenity laws and public decency efforts, e.g., banning strip clubs in neighborhoods;
- Defending abortion-on-demand, under the euphemism of “Reproductive Justice.”
Southwest took out a full-page ad in the Creating Change program with an accompanying letter (see pages 22-23) from Communications VP Linda Rutherford, who wrote, “Southwest Airlines is proud to support organizations like the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.”
AFTAH President Peter LaBarbera said: “The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force leads the Hard Left of the homosexual/transgender movement. It even gives out an annual award to its favorite self-identified sadomasochist (‘Leather Leadership Award’). Corporations like Southwest are giving more money than ever to LGBT organizations – but I doubt that they want their consumers to know about the extreme nature of the immoral agendas they are underwriting.
“Creating Change is heavily dedicated to ‘queering’ Christianity – as their workshops put it,” LaBarbera said. ”In other words, Southwest is subsidizing a conference that instructs LGBT activists on how to mislead believers and undermine the clear tenets of Scripture that proscribe homosexual behavior as sinful.”
Other corporate/organizational funders of “Creating Change” include:
- Hilton Worldwide: 703-883-1000 or 901-374-5000
- Office Depot: 800-463-3768
- Wells Fargo: 888-715-0380
- Quaker Oats (PepsiCo): 800-367-6287
- Comcast/NBC Universal: 800-934-6489; and
- AARP: 888-687-2277
Note that Planned Parenthood is also a major supporter of Creating Change.
TAKE ACTION: Contact Southwest Airlines through their online Contact Page – or call Customer Relations at 214-932-0333 (press #1).