Tag Archive for: San Diego

‘They’re Ghosts’: Blue State’s Beaches Experience Surge In Illegal Immigration

Illegal migrants are increasingly turning toward California’s beaches as a pathway to enter the U.S., The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.

While illegal migrant crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border have surged under the Biden administration, the number of successful and failed attempts to enter via boat in California has also jumped from 308 in fiscal year 2020 to 736 in fiscal year 2023, according to the WSJ, which cited Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Most of the migrants come through the San Diego area, but many have made their way north to Santa Barbara County.

“The big concern for us is we have absolutely no idea who these people are,” San Diego County Supervisor Jim Desmond told the WSJ. “We have no idea what they are doing. They’re ghosts.”

Federal agents have already mounted over 220,000 arrests in the San Diego area since Oct. 1, as well as nearly 8,000 for illegal entry into the U.S. by sea since 2020, according to the WSJ.

Rafael Fernandez de Castro, director of the Center for U.S.-Mexican Studies at the University of California, San Diego, told the outlet that most of the migrants smuggled into the U.S. by boat are likely Mexicans who had previously been deported or have a criminal history.

“They risk that, if they are seen by police, they will be immediately thrown out or even serve some time in jail,” Fernandez de Castro told the WSJ.

Desmond argued that the blue state is “laying out the red carpet and welcome mat for illegal immigrants to cross the border,” citing a 2017 law that limits when local officers can cooperate with federal immigration partners, the outlet reported.

A spokesperson for Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom countered that localities may still work with federal authorities relating to serious criminals, and told the WSJ that Congress should pass border security legislation and asylum reform.

Some of the boat smuggling attempts have been captured on video and posted to social media, showing migrants fleeing to awaiting vehicles, according to the outlet.

“It’s becoming more obvious that they don’t care if they are seen,” Britt Mayer, an independent journalist who covers the issue in the San Diego area, told the WSJ.

AUTHOR

MARY LOU MASTERS

Contributor.

RELATED ARTICLE: Vessel Packed With Migrants Rams Into Law Enforcement Boat In Florida

RELATED VIDEO: Judicial Watch: Documents show D.C. now training illegal aliens to vote in nation’s capital

EDITORS NOTE: This Daily Caller column is republished with permission. ©All rights reserved.


All content created by the Daily Caller News Foundation, an independent and nonpartisan newswire service, is available without charge to any legitimate news publisher that can provide a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, our reporter’s byline and their DCNF affiliation. For any questions about our guidelines or partnering with us, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Hundreds Of Illegal Migrants Released On The Side Of The Road After Aid Money Runs Out

Hundreds of migrants were dropped off on the side of the road in San Diego, California, on Friday after funding for a reception center ran dry, according to The Associated Press.

Border Patrol buses dropped off hundreds of migrants from places like China, Kazakhstan, Ecuador and Rwanda, among other countries, at a San Diego bus stop instead of a county-funded reception center that closed down Thursday after running out of funds, the AP reported. The reception center was run by SBCS, a local nonprofit formerly known as South Bay Community Services, which San Diego County gave $6 million to provide migrants with food, phone charging stations and travel advice, alongside other services.

San Diego, like other major cities, is facing strain amid the country’s ongoing migrant crisis.

The city saw a daily average of 800 illegal-crossing-related arrests in January, including an average of over 100 Chinese migrants a day, according to AP.

SBCS served 81,000 migrants in the county since Oct. 11, the group said, according to the AP. With SBCS’ reception center now closed, Border Patrol said to expect roughly 350 migrants to be released on the streets Friday.

Nora Vargas, chair of the San Diego County board of supervisors, defended the performance of the migrant reception center, which was supposed to stay open until March.

“Nobody is perfect, especially when you’re trying to fill a gap from the federal government,” Vargas said. She recently petitioned the Biden administration for increased support, according to AP.

Vargas isn’t the only official seeking increased federal support as large cities struggle to cope with the influx of migrants. The mayors of New York City and Chicago have asked the Biden administration for financial resources to aid them in handling the migrant crisis.

The San Diego mayor’s office and SBCS did not immediately respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s requests for comment.

AUTHOR

ROBERT SCHMAD

Contributor.

RELATED ARTICLES:

Feds Warn That Hamas, Hezbollah Could Be Crossing Southern Border

‘The Republican Party Is Not The Enemy’: Black Voters Tell Lawrence Jones Why They’re Voting For Trump

UGA Student’s Killer was a Venezuelan Illegal Immigrant Employed by Uber

RELATED VIDEOS:

San Diego resident on fentanyl epidemic, homelessness and illegal immigration

1800 Illegal Venezuelans in a Hotel in Chicago

IN FOCUS: San Diego Designated Drop Zone For Illegals with Bill Wells – OAN

EDITORS NOTE: This Daily Caller column is republished with permission. ©All rights reserved.


All content created by the Daily Caller News Foundation, an independent and nonpartisan newswire service, is available without charge to any legitimate news publisher that can provide a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, our reporter’s byline and their DCNF affiliation. For any questions about our guidelines or partnering with us, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Former ‘Teacher Of The Year’ Facing 150-Year Sentence For Allegedly Grooming Student

A second victim has been identified in additional sexual misconduct charges against former 2022 San Diego “Teacher of the Year,” Jacqueline Ma, according to a recently amended complaint.

Police initially arrested and charged the 34-year-old teacher from Lincoln Acres Elementary School in March after engaging in sexual misconduct with a 12-year-old student, according to the Times of San Diego. Now, Ma is accused of performing and attempting a lewd act upon yet another minor under the age of 14, identified as John Doe 2, in early 2020, the outlet noted.

At the moment, it is unclear whether John Doe 2 was a former student of Ma’s or not, but it is confirmed that one of the charged offenses allegedly occurred in a classroom, per the Times.

Ma was initially accused of grooming a student, identified as John Doe 1, through sexual acts and the exchange of illicit photographs, the outlet reported. Prosecutors described Ma’s behavior toward the teen as “obsessive, possessive, controlling and dangerous,” per the Times.

Leading to her arrest, a concerned parent suspected that her son was “possibly having an inappropriate relationship with a former teacher,” the National City Police Department stated.

When she was apprehended in March, authorities also discovered a photograph of the victim in her wallet, along with jewelry bearing his initials and love letters addressed to him in her classroom, Deputy District Attorney Drew Hart reported.

Ma is now held in custody without bail on a total of 19 felony counts. If found guilty, the former teacher could face over 150 years to life in state prison, the Times reported.

AUTHOR

WILLIAM THOMPSON

Contributor.

RELATED ARTICLE: Florida Teacher Arrested For Alleged ‘Sexual Contact’ With 12-Year-Old Student

RELATED TWEETS:

EDITORS NOTE: This Daily Caller column is republished with permission. ©All rights reserved.

Mexico: Shelter for Muslim Migrants Opens at U.S. Border, in Tijuana

What could possibly go wrong? Well, so far this year, 50 people on the terror watch list have been apprehended crossing the border. Celebrate diversity!

Shelter for Muslim migrants opens in Tijuana

by Salvador Rivera, Border Report, June 20, 2022:

TIJUANA (Border Report) — A shelter for Muslim migrants opened over the weekend in Tijuana, the first of its kind in all of Mexico.

The Latino Muslim Foundation, based in San Diego and Tijuana, raised half a million dollars to make the facility a reality….

“Being on one of the largest borders in the world, this is a source of pride that we’re here able to help people arriving at the border,” said Sonia Tinico, president of the Latino Muslim Foundation. “We’ll be able to provide shelter for Muslims who are seeking to get to the U.S. or Canada.”

Tinico said migrants will be offered housing, medical care, meals and legal services inside the 8,000-square-foot facility.

“They can pray here and have halal meals that don’t have pork since we don’t eat pork,” she said. “We’ll have separate areas for women and men.”

Tinico also stated the migrants will be offered psychological and dental assistance along with workshops to help asylum-seekers get familiar with North American culture and customs….

RELATED VIDEO: This Week in Jihad with David Wood and Robert Spencer

RELATED ARTICLES:

Cleveland’s ‘Officer of the Year’ Praised Hitler, Joined Facebook Group Honoring Bin Laden

US Navy in ‘unsafe’ encounter with Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps boat in Strait of Hormuz

UK: Muslim rape gangs abused 1,400 girls in Rotherham, not a single cop lost his job

Finnish politician hails ‘Islam’s message of peace, diversity and tolerance’

EDITORS NOTE: This Jihad Watch column is republished with permission. ©All rights reserved.

Dearborn residents on terrorist watch list second only to New York

“At 96,000 residents, Dearborn is much smaller than the other cities in the top five, suggesting that its significant Muslim population—40 percent of its population is of Arab descent, according to the U.S. Census Bureau—has been disproportionately targeted for watchlisting.” Hamas-linked CAIR is already manning the barricades over this, but after all, there is no effect without a cause. The idea that the Muslim residents of Dearborn were “disproportionately targeted for watchlisting” because of some official “racism” and “Islamophobia” is howlingly absurd. There is jihad activity among Muslims, including in the U.S., and so for authorities to be alert to that fact is entirely reasonable.

“Dearborn residents on terrorist watch list second only to New York, report says,” by Aysha Jamali, Press & Guide, August 5, 2014:

Dearborn School Board President Hussein Berry carries an American flag during an anti-terrorism protest at U.S. District Court in Detroit in 2010 during a hearing for Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the attempted bomber of Delta Flight 253 on Christmas Day 2009. File photo

Among the U.S. cities that have the most residents on the government’s terrorist watch list is one that stands out because of its comparatively small population: Dearborn.

Dearborn, a suburb of Detroit, was described by The Intercept, an online news site that reports on issues of national security, as having the second-highest concentration of people designated by the government as “known or suspected terrorists.”

The report said that Dearborn’s ranking, just behind New York City and ahead of Houston despite their significantly larger populations, has to do with its concentration of Arab and Muslim Americans.

Dearborn has the largest percentage of Arab Americans in the country, according to the report.

“At 96,000 residents, Dearborn is much smaller than the other cities in the top five, suggesting that its significant Muslim population—40 percent of its population is of Arab descent, according to the U.S. Census Bureau—has been disproportionately targeted for watchlisting,” the report said.

The top five U.S. cities on the watchlist for “known or suspected terrorists” are:

1. New York
2. Dearborn
3. Houston
4. San Diego
5. Chicago

RELATED ARTICLES:

CNN has two Israel-haters debate on Israel: no pro-Israel voices allowed
Colorado Muslima’s lawyer working on deal in jihad terror case