Jay Michaelson, contributing editor to The Forward, holds a position of unearned, unwarranted, and undeserved influence. Although he writes for a Jewish newspaper, he fails to inform his readers that Islam is the enemy of Israel, the Jewish people and, in fact, all of America, and makes judgments that work against their survival. He would benefit by first reviewing facts: By unanimous vote in 1922, the League of Nations set a precedent at the San Remo Conference that cannot be overturned or ignored. After World War I and the division of the Ottoman Empire, the League legally gave Israel and surrounding Palestinian territory to the then-14 million Jews living there and in the Diaspora. Palestine was declared the Jewish “reconstituted homeland” on April 24, 1920. The Jews were always referred to as Palestinians during the British Mandate, before which there were never Palestinians or a Palestinian country.
International law was confirmed by the British Mandate, the San Remo Peace Conference and the League of Nations. Two years later, in 1922, the League of Nations of 51 countries unanimously ratified the British Mandate. This official documentation stands recognized as legitimate international law today and has never been superseded or replaced and is still binding.
Michaelson is advocating for Israel’s destruction, based on the Islamic Genocide Plan. With only a few key strokes on the keyboard, one can easily bring up a plethora of facts to verify the Islamic plans to annihilate Israel and the West. A brief selection of quotes from the HAMAS Charter (1988) and infamous Islamists follow:
- The Charter’s Preamble: “Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it just as it obliterated others before it.” (Translation: Islam will continue its 1400 years of destruction and death.)
- Article 11: “The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Muslim generations until Judgment Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered: it, or any part of it, should not be given up.”
- Article 13: “There is no solution to the Palestinian problem except by jihad. The initiatives, proposals and International Conferences are but a waste of time, an exercise in futility.”
Radical Islam has become a forum for calls of genocide against the Jews. Of the many references provided by DiscovertheNetworks, a few samples of the ignoble spewing of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad are:
- “As the Imam [Ayatollah Khomeini] said, Israel must be wiped off the map.”
- “… the annihilation of the Zionist regime will come.”
- “The Islamic umma (community) will not allow its historic enemy [Israel] to live in its heartland.”
- “There is no doubt that the new wave [of attacks] in Palestine will soon wipe off this disgraceful blot [Israel] from the face of the Islamic world.”
- “liberating Palestine” would be “a key for solving the world’s problems”; and “anyone who loves freedom and justice must strive for the annihilation of the Zionist regime in order to pave the way for world justice and freedom.”
- “[I]f they [the Jews] all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide.”
- “Put a knife in your shirt, then get close to an Israeli occupier and stab him.”
- “Our hostility to the Great Satan [America] is absolute. . . . Regardless of how the world has changed after 11 September, ‘Death to America’ will remain our reverberating and powerful slogan.”
- “Martyrdom operations — suicide bombings — should be exported outside Palestine. I encourage Palestinians to take suicide bombings worldwide. Don’t be shy about it.”
- “There is no dialogue between us [Muslims and Jews] except by the sword and the rifle …”
Hezbollah’s Founding Statement:
- Contains a section that reads: “We see in Israel the vanguard of the United States in our Islamic world. It is the hated enemy that must be fought until the hated ones get what they deserve. . . . Therefore our struggle will end only when this entity is obliterated. We recognize no treaty with it, no cease fire, and no peace agreements, whether separate or consolidated. We vigorously condemn all plans for negotiation with Israel, and regard all negotiators as enemies…”
And most recently the Times of Israel reported that the commander of the Basij militia of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard said in an interview:
- “…erasing Israel off the map” is “nonnegotiable,”
Despite the overwhelming evidence, Michelson advocates that the Jews recognize Palestine for Palestinians, but Palestinians need not recognize Israel for the Jews. He seeks no defined borders because he strives for all Israel to become Palestinian, such as seen on the Palestinian map; (not seen here is one with Hamas flag, terrorist’s kafiyyah, and rifle). Further, while he states that status quo would lead to permanent “occupation” and “apartheid,” and cautions that the world would not stand by forever, he dares not admit that his recommendation would be Israel’s total annihilation.
Michaelson has vindicated the Palestinians’ rights to turning to the UN, thereby negating their obligations to comply with previous agreements. How odd that he accepts non-existent Palestinian origin, history, past governments, artifacts, monetary system, and cultural heritage above the Jewish rights to land that has been theirs through Biblical times and International law. Jews have de jure sovereignty over the entire Land of Israel and Palestine, including Gaza, the Golan, Judea and Samaria (West Bank), all of Jerusalem, and all of Jordan.
He is eager to have Palestinians occupy Israeli land, irrespective of the Balfour Declaration, the Treaty of Sevres, the Mandates, the Council of the League of Nations, U.N. Resolution 181, and Israel’s legal Statehood in 1948, and despite Israel’s winning the Arabs’ aggressive wars against the Jewish state. Michaelson’s resolve is to reduce Israel until she is no longer able to protect herself against the Islamic scourge that has openly sworn Israel’s obliteration. He is a turncoat who prefers “two states” because it will further enable Iran’s jihad against Israel and Western civilization. The Forward, once a newspaper that sustained the assimilation and adjustment of the new Jewish immigrants of the 20th century, has become a vehicle of betrayal of their future generations.