I received a letter from my congressman former Democrat converted to Republican Jeff Miller (FL District 1). Miller was an executive assistant to Democratic state Agriculture Commissioner Doyle Conner from 1984 to 1988. He was a lifelong Democrat until he switched parties in 1997 to run for the Florida Legislature
This is the first time he ever bothered to contact me and it was only to benefit him. He wanted me to sign a petition to put him on the ballot for the 2014 election. Jeff Miller is a good family man. He has been in office for almost thirteen years and that means I have been contributing to his government paycheck all that time.
But what has he done for us here in District 1 and for our nation?
He did manage to introduce a non confrontational bill that passed called the TSA Loose Change Act (H.R. 1095; 113th Congress). The legislation forces the TSA to hand over all the loose coins they find at the airports and give it to provide aid and comfort for veterans while they travel. Thanks, much appreciated. But perhaps Congressman Miller what you should have done is introduce a bill to abolish the TSA and allow private security companies to assume control at US airports?
Congressman Miller what else have you done besides support bills? How about write some bills. Mark Levin asked me once what have you done in regards to proactive legislation vice kicking back supporting the bills of others. I told Mark none that would put this nation on a new course. He said well its time for you to go Jeff.
I have lost faith in the Republican Party and its current membership. In order for me to return to the GOP I expect the following bills to be written by my Representative Jeff Miller and then be co-sponsored by his fellow Congressmen.
(1) Defund all taxpayer money to the United Nations. Return the building being used by the UN in New York back to the hands of private enterprise and the American people. Donald Trump would be in to buy it. He did mention to me once he was interested.
(2) Defund and abolish the Dept. Of Education. The US Constitution doesn’t permit taxpayer money to be collected to fund a centralized control of our education. Its up to the states to do this. Currently the Communist Michelle Obama thinks she can tell school districts that take Dept. of Education money what the kids can eat. Toss that miscreant Communist out of these schools and STOP taking money from the Jimmy Carter created Dept. of Education. Common Core, the UN inspired Marxist dumbing down of our kids paid for by stimulus money borrowed from Communist China now gives Obama control of the curriculum and standards in the states that signed up for this crap funded via Jimmy Carters’ Dept. of Education. Get rid of the Dept. of Education. Write the bill Jeff!
(3) Defund and abolish the Internal Revenue Service and abolish the 16th Amendment. Congressman Miller how long will it take you to write this bill ? Yesterday I wrote a check to the IRS for $13,400.00. WHY? Who gives the IRS authority to tax my hard work and the fruits of my labor and the risks I take? Do you know what I can do with this money? What will the IRS do with it, cover a round of golf at Pebble Beach for President Obama? Fund Nancy Pelosi’s tax payer funded jet? It would buy Michelle Obama a nice dress. Congressman Miller write the bill and I will support you.
(4) Defund the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and give control back to the states as per the Tenth Amendment. It should take you 20 minutes to write this up.
(5) Defund and abolish the Department of Energy. How much energy has the Department of Energy drilled for? How many barrels of oil have they dug out of the ground? How many cubic feet of natural gas have they extracted? How many oil tankers have they built? (ZERO) Defund and abolish it. It should take you 30 minutes to write the bill Jeff.
(6) Write a bill that restores the constitutional rights of Americans to carry a concealed weapon onto military bases. You support the NRA right? Big deal. What good is that? We all support some form of pro-Second Amendment gun groups. Your job, sir, is to change the direction of the nation not sit back in your big comfy office chair in DC and rub your NRA lapel pin. Anyone can do that. Write the bill, sir. Clinton thinks I am not responsible to carry my 9mm onto military bases. Do you think I am Congressman Miller? Fort Hood is a double tragedy but the biggest tragedy was disarming the military folks and preventing them from defending themselves from these lunatics. I spent 30 years in the US Navy. I carried M-16’s AR, a Glock 9mm, a .45 pistol and shot guns to protect you sir. But I am denied the right to protect myself. Why don’t you fix this? WRITE THE BILL!
Congressman Miller in closing my column, I wish you well and much luck in your campaign for your continued never ending career as a lifelong Congressman funded by Florida taxpayers paying you over $15,000 a month to work maybe seventy-five days a year.
And to end my correspondence to you sir. The next time you visit my friend Colonel Bud Day’s grave site in Pensacola please don’t pose for pictures at his grave for publicity pictures for your web page. Colonel Day is not a pawn for your political advancement he was my friend. I visit his grave many times privately and I share my thought with him privately. I miss his dearly. I expect you to do the same. Leave your camera at home.