“The uncontested absurdities of today are the accepted slogans of tomorrow. They come to be accepted by degrees, by dint of constant pressure on one side and constant retreat on the other – until one day when they are suddenly declared to be the country’s official ideology.” – Ayn Rand
Uncontested absurdities have become today’s slogans. We decided to list our top 20 uncontested absurdities:
- You are a racist.
- You are homophobic.
- You are Islamophobic.
- You are a misogynist.
- A male can choose to be a female and visa versa or both.
- The nuclear family is bad, divorce/single parenthood is good.
- God is dead.
- Islam is the religion of peace.
- Believing there is no religion (Atheism) is a religion.
- Hate speech is any speech I disagree with or that causes me to be uncomfortable.
- Facts no longer matter.
- Truth is relative.
- Me, Myself and I feeling good is the only thing that counts.
- People don’t kill people, only guns kill people.
- Welfare is better than work.
- Self defense is bad.
- Killing the unborn is necessary to save the planet.
- Communism is better than Capitalism.
- I need to be protected from free speech.
- In order to “save humanity” we must give government more power.
Voltaire said, “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
If you would like to add to this list please do so in the comments section below.