I recently attended a political meeting where I met the speaker for the evening, Cathi Chamberlain, who authored an interesting new book titled, “Rules for Deplorables: A Primer for Fighting Radical Socialism.” This is essentially a refutation of Saul Alinsky’s book, “Rules for Radicals: A Practical Primer for Realistic Radicals Paperback.” Alinsky, of course, is the well known Socialist community organizer who greatly affected the political schemes of President Obama, and Secretary Hillary Clinton.
Alinsky’s “13 Tried-and-True rules for Creating Meaningful Social Change” are well known among liberals and have long been an inherent part of the Democrats’ playbook. Remarkably, most Republicans are only vaguely familiar with Alinsky’s name, and most haven’t a clue about his political tactics. Enter Ms. Chamberlain who has examined these tactics and produced a handy guide to walk Republicans through them, and contest them. As such, this is intended to be an educational read; not only do you learn Alinsky’s tactics, but also how to resist them.
Interestingly, Cathi decided to copy the format and layout of Alinsky’s book, even the title and cover graphic, which is done to indicate this is a refutation of Alinsky. Frankly, I got a chuckle out of it as she used red MAGA hats on the cover.
Her TABLE OF CONTENTS are ultimately based on Alinsky’s 13 tactics, to wit:
- Illusion of Power – Alinsky Tactic #1: “Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.” Cloward-Piven Strategy in 1966 creates blueprint to transform U.S. into a socialist country. Dems join their cause.
- Viva La Revolución – Tactic #2: “Never go outside the experience of your people.” Millennials’ definition of socialism is flawed. Policies will turn America into the next Venezuela. Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) explodes in numbers.
- Collusion Delusion – Tactic #3: “Whenever possible, go outside the experience of the enemy.” “Steele” dossier is fake. Rogue FBI and DOJ Leaders. Abuse of FISA courts. Phony “Witch Hunt.” “Equal justice” dead in America?
- White Men Can’t Judge – Tactic #4: “Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.” – Sham Supreme Court Justice confirmation Hearings. The left mocks due process laws and Constitution. Protests erupt nationwide.
- Sticks and Stones – Tactic #5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” Name-calling by the left is purposeful. Republicans’ moral high ground is damaging the GOP. Trump masters nicknames too.
- Stupid Is As Stupid Does – Tactic #6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” Dems keep constituents “dumbed down” for self-preservation. Rewriting history. Indoctrinated Millennials are destroying their own destinies.
- Impeach 45 – Tactic #7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” No evidence for impeachment. Radicals pressure Dems to proceed. Dems’ overreach good for Republicans in 2020 elections.
- Trick or Tweet – Tactic #8: “Keep the pressure on.” Trump is first tweeting president. Bypasses “fake news” media. Keeps Americans updated on accomplishments and truth.
- Unmask the Boogeymen – Tactic #9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Obama’s final act unmasks Americans. Intel agencies use info to spy on Trump aides. Bad intel spurs special counsel to investigate Trump.
- Resistance – Tactic #10: “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure on the opposition.” Trump drains the “swamp.” Murkier than most thought. Academia, “fake news” media, Hollywood, never-Trumpers unite.
- Mobs vs. Jobs – Tactic #11: “If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside.” Well-organized mobs in America. Evidence points to funding by leftist billionaires. Goal is global socialism, ruled by wealthy few.
- Build That Wall – Tactic #12: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” The left demands open borders and ICE abolished. Caravans from Central America rush border. Dems want illegals to vote.
- Divided, They Fall – Tactic #13: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Radicals win House seats, force rational Dems further left. Moderate Dem voters uneasy. Trump works to split Democratic Party in two.
- United, We Stand – Never-Trumpers split Republicans. Trump succeeds despite naysayers. Republicans learn street fighting wins with only two years left.
Chamberlain’s dissertation is incredibly important as we enter the 2020 elections. Most Republicans take a John Wayne approach to politics, meaning they believe in hard work and fair play. Just remember, the Duke never shot anyone in the back. Unfortunately, the far-left does not think this way, and would stab their opponents in the back under the rationale, “All is fair in love and war.” Alinsky’s 13 tactics show them how to do it, which is why Republicans have to be forewarned.
This is an important read for Republicans, particularly as we approach the election and possible impeachment. If you are not familiar with Alinsky or his 13 tactics, BUY THIS BOOK!
Here are the details on the book:
“Rules for Deplorables: A Primer for Fighting Radical Socialism.”
Click for AMAZON.
Available from Amazon in paperback ($14.95) and Kindle eBook ($5.49).
Keep the Faith!
EDITOR NOTE: This Bryce is Right column is republished with permission. © All rights reserved. All trademarks both marked and unmarked belong to their respective companies.