“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.” – Exodus 20:17
“Hostile to the church, friendly to Jesus Christ. These words describe large numbers of people, especially young people, today. They are opposed to anything which savors of institutionalism. They detest the establishment and its entrenched privileges. And they reject the church—not without some justification—because they regard it as impossibly corrupted by
such evils.” – John Stott, Preface to Basic Christianity
John Stott in his book Basic Christianity wrote:
“Much that we take for granted in a civilized society is based upon the assumption of human sin. Nearly all legislation has grown up because human beings cannot be trusted to settle their own disputes with justice and without self-interest. A promise is not enough; we need a contract. Doors are not enough; we have to lock and bolt them. The payment of fares is not enough; tickets have to be issued, inspected and collected. Law and order are not enough; we need the police to enforce them. All this is due to man’s sin. We cannot trust each other. We need protection from one another. It is a terrible indictment of human nature.”
Human sin is the source of public policy. The more perceived sin the more public policy. But what about the sins of our policy makers?
Is it not a sin, real or perceived, that denies citizens their rights under the U.S. Constitution? Is it not a sin, real or perceived, that denies citizens their rights under each independent state’s Constitution?
Question: Who sins the most, citizens or their elected leaders?
What do Democrats covet?
Primarily the Democrats covet what their constituents have and hold near and dear.
Coveting leads to all the other sins.
By coveting one must deny God and place government ahead of Him. Take the examples of New York and California who denied the rights of religious peoples to worship using their weapon of choice the Covid Hoax.
Let’s look at how the Democrat Party covets:
- They covet your wealth by taxing you, your property and your profits. A direct violation of the Tenth Commandment.
- They covet your freedom. They will take away your freedom to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
- They covet your family. They want the government to become your family. Single parenthood has become the rule rather than the exception since the Great Society initiative of LBJ. This violates the Fifth Commandment to honor your mother and father.
- They covet how you live. The Green New Deal, if it becomes law, will determine how you heat your home, what kind of car you drive, what type of energy America will produce. Control the light switch and you control the people.
- They covet your mind. They do not allow dissent within their ranks. Once they take power, like in California, they pass law upon law to control each citizen, their livelihoods and their families.
- They covet your speech. You are not allowed to speak without their permission. Censorship becomes the norm. Lies become the truth.
- They covet what one group has over another group. Hence, the idea of white privileges. White privilege is a way of taking away your success for being an educated and hard working individual.
- They covet your gender. You cannot be a male or female. You must be forced to select a gender identity of their choosing, not your choosing. If you believe that marriage is between one man and one woman you are ostracized and banned from the mainstream culture.
- They covet your right to life. They support killing the unborn in the name of some twisted right to choose lie. Killing a child in the womb or outside of the womb is murder and violates the Sixth Commandment.
- Finally, they covet power. Power requires that all ten of the Commandments be violated. There are no commandments from God. Only commandments from government.
We are seeing this scenario play out in cities and states controlled by Democrats across America. Whether it is Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Los Angeles or San Francisco. Or in states like Oregon, Michigan, Illinois, Georgia, California and New York. The Ten Commandments are violated daily with new laws. Laws that covet everything and anything.
Satan covets your very soul. So do Democrats. For your soul is your being. If your soul is theirs then you are forever lost.
If you disagree you will be sent to a gulag or re-education camp. Or worse you will be unjustly murdered by the state as happened in the former Soviet Union by the tens of millions. This is a clear and present danger to the Sixth Commandment.
Democrats, or any other elected official, who believes he is God is really Satan’s helper.
2020 has been the year when we have seen many violations of the Ten Commandments. One is bearing false witness against a sitting president.
Let’s see what 2021 has in store for us if Democrats take control. God forbid!
How do we stop this spiral down the rat hole? Dr. Paul David Trip wrote:
[E]very act of human wickedness committed against another human being starts with the breaking of intimate, vertical relationship with God.
When we forget God we embrace a horizontal relationship with the world and embrace worldly sin. We can only be saved by looking up, not to the left, or the right.
We must each seek what Dr. Trip calls a “Heavenly relationship.” Without it we are lost.
©Dr. Rich Swier. All rights reserved.