For those few of us who are watching the various and sundry debates and forums in which the media puts on, and in which the Democrat Party candidates gladly participate, there are some revelations. Revelations like President Trump being labeled a “white supremacist” during the third Democrat presidential debate. Name calling is the soup du jour for Democrats.
To date these debates and forums have included but are not limited to:
- Actual presidential debates on a monthly basis (three so far and more to come).
- Climate change forums one put on by MSNBC and CNN’s Climate Change Townhall.
- LGBTQ Townhall, a.k.a. CNN’s “Equality” Townhall.
There have been many statements and promises made by the various Democrats running for president at each of the above events. What is most revealing is that each candidate puts forth policies that are reminiscent of those implemented under former President Barrack Obama. Some might even say that some of the policies put forth by Dem candidates are Obama on steroids such as: Medicare for all (Obamacare on steroids), New Green Deal (Paris Accord on steroids) and LGBTQ agenda (pseudo equality on steroids).
What defines these candidates? Who is their political mentor? What do they want for the American people? Are they progressives or regressives?
What’s the Democrat Common Denominator?
The common denominator among all of the Democrats running for president (including Hillary Clinton should she jump in) is to reclaim Obama’s legacy.
Dissent Magazine published an article titled The Obamanauts: What is the defining achievement of Barack Obama? written by Corey Robin. Robin writes:
[N]ot only do the Obamanauts wish to salvage Obama’s legacy from Donald Trump; they also believe Obama’s legacy can save us from Donald Trump.
Democrats are committed to going back to the future by undoing everything that President Trump has done to undo everything Obama did during his 8-years as president.
What is the defining achievement of Barack Obama? For a time, it seemed it would be his foreign policy: the Paris Agreement, diplomatic relations with Cuba, and getting Iran to give up its nuclear weapons program. When Trump got elected and those deals got undone, it seemed it would be the Affordable Care Act. But after plummeting for several years, the uninsured rate among adults has begun to creep back up. Obama did avert a second Great Depression, but history is not kind to averters: with time, what didn’t happen tends to get eclipsed by what did. And what did happen under Obama is a recovery that was slow and weak. Black homeownership rates, which took a major hit during the financial crisis, are the lowest they’ve ever been.
What is interesting is that the media and some Democrats are trying to cause a recession in order to defeat President Trump. Various Democrats running for president have called pullout from the Paris Climate Accord and Iran Nuclear deal mistakes. Some Democrats, and even Republicans, have called President Trump’s pull back of some forces in Syria reckless. Democrats are running a “free-stuff primary” including: canceling all student debt held by the government, giving everyone a federal job under the New Green Deal, and promising voters free housing and a free education.
Are the Democrats running for president Obamanauts?
The Public Policy Red-lines are Crystal Clear
In January 16, 2016 NJ.com published a article titled 10 huge differences between Democratic and Republican platforms by Jonathan D. Salant who wrote:
Salant’s words echo today even more so than in January of 2016. Here are the 10 huge differences that Salant listed:
- Same Sex Marriage
- Climate Change
- Wall Street
- Money in Politics
- Voting Rights
These are the same issues in 2020. With the addition of: eliminate the Electoral College, Supreme Court appointments and impeachment.
The only differences are that Democrats have become more extremist in each of these policy categories.
- Abortion has now become infanticide and the harvesting of body parts from live fetuses for profit.
- Same sex marriage has become a full frontal assault on religious liberty under the First Amendment.
- National security, national sovereignty and immigration are front and center with building the wall and the Trump administration’s efforts to enforce immigration laws over the objections of Democrats and Democrat appointed judges.
- Climate Change has morphed into the Green New Deal, which expands government control as never seen before.
- Medicare for all is the war cry of Democrats, including, as they all raised their hands, providing Medicare for illegal aliens (a term that can get you find $250,000 if used in a derogatory way in New York City).
- Wall Street is panicked that if Elizabeth Warren becomes the nominee free markets will disappear.
- Iran is threatening the world with violence and conducting terrorist acts globally at an ever increasing rate.
- Israel has been boycotted, divested and sanctioned by the Democrats who have become the party of anti-Semitism.
- There is more dark money in politics now than every before.
- And finally Democrats want voting rights given to illegal aliens, felons and every other non-citizen, without question.
The 2020 election is a repeat of the same issues, but these issues have been radicalized by the Democrat Party.
The 2020 election is about choosing between a Marxist form of totalitarianism or a keeping our Constitutional Republican form of government.
© All rights reserved.