“I will stand with them [Muslims] should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” – Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope [pg. 261]
“If I had a son he’d look like Trayvon.” – Barack Obama, May 1, 2011.
Democrats are stuck in the Obama legacy political fantasy. They want Obama back as president. They are desperate to return to the Obama glory years.
We are reminded of an expression used of someone who is too involved in the details of a problem to look at the situation as a whole, “can’t see the forest through the trees.”
It was because of the Obama legacy that Donald J. Trump won the White House in 2016. Hillary Clinton was for all practical purposes Obama 2.0. She was destined to win according to all the media polls. She could not lose because she was going to carry the Obama torch into the future. Hillary was the embodiment of the Obama legacy. The Democrats are still in shock at the awe of Trump’s win.
Question: How do we know that the Democrats yearn for Obama?
Here are two recent examples:
On November 8th, 2019 the Democratic Majority: HMP PAC sent out an email titled …finally good news! (re: President Obama) stating:
Obama took one look at all the damage Trump has done and decided to come out of retirement.
We’re SO happy!!
Then … The BOLD Democrats PAC, the grassroots arm of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, sent out an email on November 9th, 2019 titled Barack Obama is BEGGING (but no one is donating!!). In the email they state:
Barack Obama just DEMANDED Democrats step up.
But when we BEGGED for donations to take Trump down: NOTHING!
Please please — don’t abandon Obama when he needs you the most. Can we count on you for $5?
The Democrats are stuck in a world where they literally believe that Obama is still their president.
Obama’s Legacy Fantasy
Real Clear Politics published a June 3rd, 2019 article titled Joan Walsh: “For Our Allies, Barack Obama Is Still The President”; They Don’t Want To Acknowledge Trump by Ian Schwartz. Schwartz wrote:
CNN political commentator Joan Walsh said former President Obama is going to be our president until the United States has a “normal one” that is not Donald Trump. Walsh said allies of the U.S. “Want to wake up from this nightmare” and don’t “want to acknowledge the real president.”
“This is in Toronto, not in Oakland,” Walsh said about the standing ovation the former president received Sunday night at an NBA Finals game. “For our allies, Barack Obama is still the president. And they are just waiting for us — they want to wake up from this nightmare, they’re waiting for us to wake up from this nightmare and they don’t want to acknowledge the real president.” [Emphasis added]
What CNN and Democrats want is to return to the Obama legacy. Each of the current candidates for the Democratic Party nomination has touted one or more of the following legacies of the Obama administration:
- Obamacare is now Medicare for All
- A return to the climate change Paris Accord. Based on the fantasy that the world will end in 10 years + or -, if nothing is done.
- Weakening the Second Amendment. Every school shooting leads to calls for more gun control.
- Increased spending for every social program imaginable including providing free healthcare, schooling, drivers licences and voting rights to illegal aliens.
- Fully embracing the LGBTQ agenda at the expense of religious liberty.
- Appointing liberal judges to federal courts that are in the image of Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
- Population control via abortion in order to save the planet from over population.
- Giving certain categories of people more rights than other. These special classes include: blacks, illegal aliens and homosexuals.
- Reinstate the Iran Nuclear Deal.
- Provide free stuff for certain people at the expense of the working class, taxpaying Americans. Remember the Obamaphone?
- Embrace Islam over other religious beliefs.
Trump is not President of the World!
President Trump has repeatedly said that he is the President of the United States and not president of the world.
Remember when Barack Obama said, “There’s not a liberal America and a conservative America – there’s the United States of America.”
Sounds Trumpesque, doesn’t it.
© All rights reserved.