On the first weekend of November 2019, the annual National Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) conference took place at the University of Minnesota. As previously reported by Canary Mission, the annual SJP conference is notorious for its anti-Semitism, incitement and support for terror.
To avoid exposure by Canary Mission, the National SJP organizers hid the conference’s programming and attendees from the public.
In the weeks directly following the conference, SJP chapters across the country launched a barrage of intimidation attacks against Jewish and pro-Israel students.
SJP is anti-Semitic. The National SJP conference leads to increased hatred and harassment against Jews on campus.
CAMPUS ANTI-SEMITISM TIMELINE: NOVEMBER 2019
November 2, 2019
- SJP Benedictine defended a SJP Benedictine student who grilled a Holocaust survivor, so as to make it “relevant to SJP.”
- SJP at Arizona State University (ASU) and other student organizations (No Más Muertes, MEChA de ASU, Young Democratic Socialists of America at ASU, Students for Socialism) – Disrupted and tried to shout down a Chabad ASU event. One protestor held a sign that said “Long Live the Intifada.”
- Harvard Palestine Solidarity Committee (PSC) claimed partial credit for a Harvard Law School student walkout from an event hosting the Israeli ambassador to the US, discussing the legitimacy of Israeli settlements in the occupied territories.
- SJP Vermont University tweeted a series of hateful and anti-Zionist comments on Twitter
- SJP Vassar disrupted a Vassar Organization Israel Conversations Effectively (VOICE) event, titled “The Indigenous Jews of the Middle East: Forgotten Refugees,” hosting Hen Mazzig. 25-30 demonstrators chanted “From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be Free” and prevented the lecture from happening for 20 minutes.
- Various New York SJP Chapters along with Within Our Lifetime (WOL) held an anti-Israel protest in Times Square. SJP leader, Husam Kaid, called for “an Intifada [violent uprising] in every college campus” at an anti-Israel rally in Times Square.
- Florida State University SJP held an anti-Israel protest at the California State Capitol honoring Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists. Demonstrators chanted [00:00:47] “From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be Free!”
- SJP Butler along with the Party for Socialism and Liberation held a protest for Gaza in memory of Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists. One protestor was photographed waving the flag of a U.S. designated terror group, Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP).
- SJP at the University of South Florida held a protest and march through the USF campus mopurning “fallen” Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists. During the march, demonstrators chanted “Israel is an apartheid state.”
- SJP UC Santa Barbara held a “Vigil for Gaza” and die-in, at the Arbor in front of the Davidson Library, in honor of the victims who lost their lives this past week. Demonstrators chanted “Long live the Intifada [violent uprising]” and “From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be Free.”
- Students Against Israeli Apartheid (SAIA) at York held a violent protest against a school-sanctioned event, hosted by Herut Canada, featuring IDF reservists. Demontrators chanted “Viva Viva, Intifada [violent uprising]” and violently assaulted pro-Israel attendees.
- SJP University of Florida (UF) organized a walkout of 100 students from a UF event hosting an IDF officer and then held a vigil honoring Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists.
- SJP Chicago and 7 other Chicago-based SJP chapters held a “Die-in” in downtown Chicago honoring Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) terrorists. During the protest, two demonstrators held an Israeli flag covered in fake blood, with the word “genocide.”
- SJP at UC Berkeley and Bears For Palestine had an anti-Israel protest on Berkley campus, and reportedly held a moment of silence for Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists. SJP demonstrators also echoed Yasser Arafat’s rallying cry for the murder of Israeli Jews, chanting “With our blood and souls, we will redeem you Palestine.”
- SJP Oberlin College Erected a memorial to Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists on the “Wilder Bowl,” a large grassy open area at the heart of Oberlin campus.
- SJP Loyola held a vigil honoring Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists at the East Quad on Loyola campus.
- York Federation of Students passed a motion stating that it will actively work to oppose “representatives of the Israeli state” who appear on campus.
EDITORS NOTE: This Canary Mission column with video is republished with permission. © All rights reserved.