The term “October surprise” was coined by William Casey when he served as campaign manager of Ronald Reagan’s 1980 presidential campaign.
Since 1980 every presidential election cycle has had something the media calls an “October surprise.” Well so far October, 2020 has given voters multiple surprises and we are only half way through the month.
Here is our list of October surprises, to date:
- On October 2nd President Trump tweeted that he and the First Lady were tested positive for the CCP Flu, a.k.a. China Flu, Wuhan Flu or Covid-19. This event led to the Democrats using this to try to stop the President from doing his job or even ousting him from the Presidency (Pelosi’s 25th Amendment gambit). Some even welcomed the news, hoping that President Trump would actually die from it.
- October 5th President Trump is discharged and leaves Walter Reed National Military Medical Center cured of the Wuhan Flu.
- October 8th President Trump announces that he will not do a “virtual debate” with Joe Biden. Both President Trump and Joe Biden appeared in townhall meetings on October 15th.
- October 10th President Trump returns to the campaign trail as if nothing had happened. The first public event was at the White House, followed by multiple rallies across the country in battleground states such as North Carolina and Florida.
- October 12th the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee hearings begin to place Judge Amy Coney Barrett on the U.S. Supreme Court. President Trump nominated Judge Barrett on September 28th. The Senate hearings have turned out to be for Democrats political theatre and political speeches. For Republicans the hearing focused on asking questions about judicial temperament and have been at times even funny, like asking Judge Barrett who does the laundry in her home of nine and does she have notes to help her.
- October 14th the New York Post publishes emails, videos and pictures from a laptop computer owned by Hunter Biden showing collusion with foreign governments and multiple pay-to-play deals with Ukraine and China involving Joe Biden and his family.
BIG TECH CENSORSHIP OF THE TRUTH
We did not list the reaction by big tech firms Facebook and Twitter to ban any and all references to Biden’s #EmailGate scandal (October surprise #6) including deplatforming the New York Post from Twitter. This suppression of the truth was hailed by Democrats, including the Joe Biden campaign.
This is the largest and most dangerous effort in U.S. history to bury the truth just weeks before the 2020 presidential election on November 3rd.
The 2020 Presidential Election has had more October surprises than any other in my life time and it is only October 16th. I, and the American voters, can hardly wait to see what other surprises suddenly appear.
Here is my list of some possible big events which will take place in October. While technically not surprises, these events can have a big impact on the 2020 election:
- Amy Coney Barrett will be confirmed on Friday, October 23rd and then sworn in and seated on the United States Supreme Court by a party line vote.
- The Biden email scandal will become too big to suppress. As more and more emails, photos and videos are released the Biden campaign will have to address them head on or continue to lose the support of American voters.
- Joe Biden will blow it during the currently scheduled October 22nd Presidential Debate in Las Vegas, even though the moderator will, sadly again, do everything to help Biden and attack President Trump.
Fasten your seat belts.
©Dr. Rich Swier, Ed.D. All rights reserved.
Voter complements Trump’s smile, Trump says ‘thank you’ and audience claps.
“I have to say, you have a great smile. You’re so handsome when you smile…”pic.twitter.com/yVyRISHtQz
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) October 16, 2020