I was taught early in college as I created Young Republican groups in three cities within northern Arizona, there comes a time when negotiations require delicate work, conversation versus shouting, actual protecting a person’s heart without sacrificing integrity and principles our Forefathers laid out for us to follow. It is most possible, but requires careful navigating to create a “win/win” outcome. The Art of Negotiations is just that, an art. It is not a science, it can be delicate and even cumbersome but with a clear conscience to maintain integrity, sustain our given freedoms and privileges, not deviate from the foundations for which our founders laid and so very many have paid the ultimate sacrifice to maintain, negotiations for a “win/win” are not impossible, quite the opposite.
Of course I do not know the conversations held, the agreements made, the concessions worked-out, and the egos needing to be massaged in accordance with the negotiations to make Kevin McCarthy Speaker of the House of Representatives. But I was sent the below information as at least a portion of the agreement reached to allow McCarthy to assume the Speaker’s Chair in Congress. I thought you might like to learn a bit from behind the curtain.
- It will only take a single Congressperson, acting in what is known as a Jeffersonian Motion, to move to remove the Speaker if he or she goes back on their word or policy agenda.
- A “Church” style committee will be convened to look into the weaponization of the FBI and other government organizations (presumably the CIA, the subject of the original Church Committee) against the American people.
- Term limits will be put up for a vote.
- Bills presented to Congress will be single subject, not omnibus with all the attendant earmarks, and there will be a 72-hour minimum period to read them.
- The Texas Border Plan will be put before Congress. From The Hill: “The four-pronged plan aims to ‘Complete Physical Border Infrastructure,’ ‘Fix Border Enforcement Policies,’ ‘Enforce our Laws in the Interior’ and ‘Target Cartels & Criminal Organizations.’”
- COVID mandates will be ended as will all funding for them, including so-called “emergency funding.”
- Budget bills would stop the endless increases in the debt ceiling and hold the Senate accountable for the same.
So, a new Speaker of the House of Representatives has been accomplished. He claims under his watch Congress will not engage in business as usual but move appropriately, calmly but without delay in any fashion, to bring about serious corrections to acts that have deliberately eroded our freedoms, moved us away from our beloved Constitution, created terribly serious economic conditions, and created an establishment where a “Una-party” functions for their own interest and not in the interest of the American People.
Let us pray the aforesaid conditions are enforced, and we have a congress more than ready to turn our Ship of State around as we are headed directly into an iceberg at full speed which will destroy us!
©2023. Lyle J. Rapacki, Ph.D.. All rights reserved.
RELATED ARTICLE: Here’s Why 15 Republicans Flipped Their Support To Kevin McCarthy