Posts

‘This Never Happened’: Sources Close To Trump Rally To His Defense Over Atlantic Story


President Donald Trump was quick to deny a recent report from The Atlantic, which alleged that he had said a number of disrespectful things about fallen American service members — and in the days that followed, a number of others have gone on record to support him.

Trump claimed that the story had been invented to help The Atlantic “gain some relevance.”

First Lady Melania Trump made a rare public statement as well, saying that the story was “not true” and adding, “It has become a very dangerous time when anonymous sources are believed above all else, & no one knows their motivation. This is not journalism – It is activism. And it is a disservice to the people of our great nation.”

Former White House press secretary Sarah Sanders noted that she was there at the time Trump was supposed to have made the reported comments — and she said simply, “This never happened.”

Dan Scavino also said that he was with President Trump in France and called the report “complete lies.”

General Keith Kellogg, national security adviser to Vice President Mike Pence, also defended the president, saying, “The Atlantic story is completely false. Absolutely lacks merit. I’ve been by the President’s side. He has always shown the highest respect to our active duty troops and veterans with utmost respect paid to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice and those wounded in battle.”

Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert Wilkie joined CNN’s Dana Bash and offered his own defense of the president Sunday, saying that he had not heard Trump disparage American service members and adding, “I would be offended too if I thought it was true. Again, I think ‘anonymous’ are the same people that brought you fake heart attacks, fake strokes, Russian collusion.”

WATCH:

Former National Security Adviser John Bolton — who left the White House and the president’s favor in very public fashion — said in his book that weather and security were the primary factors that ultimately canceled Trump’s visit to Belleau Woods in France.

Bolton also told Fox News White House correspondent John Roberts that if the canceled trip had been the result of a presidential temper tantrum, he would have given it a full chapter in his book.

The Federalist’s Ben Domenech acknowledged the many hurtful things President Trump had said about his late father-in-law — Republican Arizona Sen. John McCain — but also noted that The Atlantic had not exactly “clothed itself in glory” with regard to journalistic integrity.

WATCH:

Domenech tweeted a similar sentiment when the story broke, saying, “I’m confident I have better sources within this White House than @JeffreyGoldberg, and I expect that upon investigation his anonymously sourced story will live up to the quality we can expect from The Atlantic under his leadership.”

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany called the story “garbage,” adding, “the liberal activists at The Atlantic are uninterested in the truth and they are only interested in peddling conspiracy laden propaganda.”

And they were not alone.

Fox News reporter Jennifer Griffin said that she was able to corroborate some details of The Atlantic’s story — but her sources were kept anonymous as well.

COLUMN BY

VIRGINIA KRUTA

Associate Editor.

RELATED ARTICLES:

Trump Denies Report That He Called Fallen American Soldiers ‘Losers,’ Calls The Story A ‘Fraud’

Trust In The CDC And Media To Deliver Accurate Information About COVID Tumbles, Poll Shows

EDITORS NOTE: This Daily Caller column is republished with permission. ©All rights reserved.

Kayleigh McEnany plays video of Pelosi getting her hair done on a loop during press conference

Watch! Speaker Pelosi is holding up $1.3 trillion dollars in aid for American families who desperately need it. All while she gets her hair done, and gorges herself on gourmet ice cream. Only the American people can put a stop to this open corruption, by voting the Democrats out of office in November.

Kayleigh McEnany plays video of Pelosi getting her hair done on a loop during press conference

By Washington Examiner, September 3, 2020

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany played the video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in a salon on a loop during Thursday’s press conference.

“We found Nancy Pelosi going into her hair salon. We will be playing the video on loop for all of you to see during the duration of this introduction … Apparently, the rules do not apply to Speaker Nancy Pelosi,” McEnany said.

Pelosi was recorded in a salon in San Francisco at the end of last month, despite coronavirus restrictions keeping such establishments closed from March until Sept. 1.

“It was a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can’t work,” salon owner Erica Kious told Fox News this week.

“We have been shut down for so long, not just me, but most of the small businesses, and I just can’t — it’s a feeling — a feeling of being deflated, helpless, and honestly beaten down,” Kious said.

Pelosi has also addressed the video, calling it a “setup” and demanding an apology.

“I take responsibility for trusting the word of the neighborhood salon that I have been to many times,” Pelosi told reporters Wednesday. “When they said they could accommodate people one at a time, and we can set up that time, I trusted that.”


HAVE A TIP WE SHOULD KNOW? YOUR ANONYMITY IS NEVER COMPROMISED. EMAIL TIPS@THEGELLERREPORT.COM


RELATED TWEET:

RELATED ARTICLES:

TRUMP PEACE: Kosovo to normalize ties with Israel, Serbia to move embassy to Jerusalem

Report: Bahrain next to announce normalization with Israel

Dallas Muslim pleads GUILTY to terrorism charge, faces 20 years

San Francisco State’s ethnicities department to host documented ‘Palestinian’ jihad-terrorist

Pompeo blasts ‘broken and corrupt’ International Criminal Court, sanctions prosecutors

EDITORS NOTE: This Geller Report column is republished with permission. ©All rights reserved.

‘I Will See You On Tuesday’: Trump Says He Will Go To Kenosha Despite Wisconsin Governor’s Objection

President Donald Trump said in a tweet Monday that he would move forward with a Tuesday trip to Kenosha, Wisconsin despite objections from Democratic Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers.

“If I didn’t INSIST on having the National Guard activate and go into Kenosha, Wisconsin, there would be no Kenosha right now,” Trump wrote on Twitter Monday morning. “Also, there would have been great death and injury. I want to thank Law Enforcement and the National Guard. I will see you on Tuesday!”

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1300420725837266944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1300420725837266944%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdailycaller.com%2F2020%2F08%2F31%2Ftrump-kenosha-wisconsin-tony-evers-kayleigh-mcenany-jacob-blake-riots%2F

Trump’s remarks on social media come after Evers sent a letter to the White House Sunday requesting the president reconsider his plan to visit Kenosha.

“I, along with other community leaders who have reached out, are concerned about what your presence will mean for Kenosha and our state,” Evers wrote. “I am concerned your presence will only hinder our healing. I am concerned your presence will only delay our work to overcome division and move forward together.”

White House officials said Trump still planned to visit Kenosha despite the objections from Democratic leaders in Wisconsin.

“President Trump looks forward to visiting on Tuesday and helping this great city heal and rebuild,” said White House deputy press secretary Judd Deere said in a statement Sunday, according to CNN.

“He loves the people of Wisconsin and he looks forward to speaking directly to them and unifying the state,” White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said during an appearance on “Fox and Friends” Monday morning.

WATCH:

McEnany also spoke about the importance of federal involvement in cities facing civil unrest. “What we saw in Kenosha, Wisconsin, again is you saw federal help come into that area and we did see a noticeable difference when they came in, so this president is always willing to help and he is going to show up and he’ll be there tomorrow.”

Kenosha faces an ongoing wave of protests and riots after Jacob Blake was shot seven times Aug. 23 during a confrontation with police officers. Major cities across the U.S. have experienced similar unrest following the death of George Floyd earlier this year.

Riots in the city have led to violent confrontations and the destruction of stores and businesses. Two people were reported to have been killed during a confrontation last week, and alleged shooter Kyle Rittenhouse was charged with first degree murder.

COLUMN BY

VARUN HUKERI

Reporter.

RELATED ARTICLES:

Kenosha Residents Wake Up To Destruction, Come Together To Clean Up The City

‘This Is Vandalism. This Is Terrorism,’ Says Woman Cleaning Up After Kenosha Riots

Suspect In Fatal Portland Shooting Has Pending Gun Charges, Expressed Support For Antifa

Trump Calls Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler A ‘Joke’ After Rejecting Federal Help Despite Unrest

EDITORS NOTE: This Daily Caller column is republished with permission. ©All rights reserved.