“America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: it’s patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If you can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within.” — Joseph Stalin, General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” — John Adams, American statesman, attorney, diplomat, writer and Founding Father.
The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, are a grouping and classification of vices within Christian teachings. According to the standard list, they are pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony, and sloth. These sins are considered obstacles to a fulfilling spiritual life and a healthy relationship with God. They can be overcome with the seven heavenly virtues of humility, charity, chastity, gratitude, temperance, patience, and diligence.
What we Americans are facing is an age old conflict between good and evil. Between free men and women and tyrants. Between those who want to take everything to gain, maintain and stay in power and those who want to live their lives peacefully and freely. Between those who demand absolute obedience and those seeking life, liberty, happiness and freedom.
Examples of the Seven Deadly Sins
The following deadly sins have in many parts of America, in the three branches of the government and in all federal agencies the policies of this land.
- Pride, Gay Pride Month, LGBTQIE+ agenda, sexualization of underaged children, gender transitioning (e.g. castration and female mutilation) and the introduction of underaged children to pornography in public schools.
- Greed, politicians, corporations, drug companies, non-profits, entertainment industries and others becoming wealthy by pushing specific political agendas upon we the people.
- Wrath, attacking anyone or any political opponent who does not comply by creating hateful words to censor them such as homophobic, Islamophobic, right-wing, domestic terrorists (e.g. parents), Jews, Christians and many many more. Labeling political opponents as terrorists and enemies of the state.
- Envy, coveting what others have and doing anything to take away wealth from the workers and giving it to the state for redistribution to its political allies and supporters.
- Lust, rape, child sex trafficking, sex slavery, cheating, sexual abuse, incest, production of pornography, etc.
- Gluttony, celebrating obesity, unhealthy eating habits, starving others so some have more to eat, drink and imbibe. Waste, fraud and self abuse.
- and Sloth, public welfare, benefits for non-citizens (e.g. illegal aliens) over legal citizens, living off of government largesse as a employee of government, politicians or elected officials, spending more than one earns, looting, under color of law, from we the people.
Examples of the Seven Heavenly Virtues
Sadly in America, and globally, the following heavenly virtues are in short supply.
- Humility, doing the right things for yourself, your family, community and America.
- Charity, kindness, trust without prejudice nor resentment. Taking care of one’s family, friends and neighbors.
- Chastity, being true to those who you love as a husband, wife, mother, father, son, or daughter.
- Gratitude, Thankful for those gifts we have received, not from government but from one another and from Him.
- Temperance, voluntary self-restraint, moderation and self-restraint in behavior and expression. Being a gentle man and woman.
- Patience, the ability to endure difficult circumstances. Patience may involve perseverance in the face of delay; tolerance of provocation without responding with disrespect or anger; forbearance when under strain.
- and Diligence, a drive to steadfastly move forward within one’s means, carefulness and persistent effort or work and labor to be self sufficient. A belief that work is in itself good.
The Bottom Line
There are but two political parties now. Patriots and traitors.
Traitors embrace and promote the seven deadly sins.
Patriots are those who are blessed with heavenly virtues.
James Madison wrote that our Constitution requires “sufficient virtue among men for self-government,” otherwise, “nothing less than the chains of despotism can restrain them from destroying and devouring one another.”
The 2024 presidential election is a battle between good and evil. Between right and wrong. Between sin and virtue.
Between empowering government vs empowering we the people.
It’s as simple as that.
©2023. Dr. Rich Swier. All rights reserved.
RELATED ARTICLE: School Orders Teacher to Remove Bible Verse From Classroom Wall