As we the people approach the year of our Lord 2024 we have seen great damage done in America. As we write this column there are wars going on in Europe, the Middle East and in South America.
To date in 2023 we have witnessed:
- A Democrat school board president sworn into office on a stack of sexually explicit books
- An atheist group demanding their school district ban the Holy Bible under the district’s sexually obscene materials policy
- The United Nations’ COP 28 conference filled with climate colonialism and anti-Semitism
- An Israeli Pediatrician who is treating released Hamas hostages suffering from ‘unprecedented levels of extremely severe abuse, declaring, “We have to rewrite the textbooks of post-trauma.”
- Israeli government spokesperson Eylon Levy warning that if the IDF loses the war with Hamas that Europe is next followed by the United States and Canada
- Hamas Leaders publically stating that their goal is the establishment of “a global Islamic Caliphate”, not just the liberation of Palestine.
- Joe Biden’s son Hunter indicted, among other things, on 9 tax-related charges in California
- The U.S. housing market under an intentional Marxist collapse
- House Republicans releasing the text of an “Impeachment Inquiry Resolution” against Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. et al.
The Year of our Lord 2024
What can we the people expect in 2024.
We can expect that the Biden Regime will keep doing what it is doing — destroying our faith, families and taking away our Constitutional freedoms in the name of diversity, equity, inclusion, climate change — and on and on.
We are now in WWIII with conflicts between Russian and Ukraine, Israel and Iran’s proxy Hamas, and Communist Venezuela annexing Guyana.
As we approach Christmas we need to remember another time in history that was challenging.
That time was during the rule of Herod, the King of Judaea. Herod ruled when Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem. It was Herod, learning of the birth of the Messiah, who ordered every man-child killed. It was Herod who caused Joseph and Mary to flee Judaea with baby Jesus to Egypt.
That time in history was best described in the song the “Twelve Days of Christmas.”
The 12 days of Christmas in Christian theology signifies the time between the birth of Christ and the arrival of the three wise men, also known as the Magi. It starts on December 25, which is celebrated as Christmas Day, and lasts until January 6, which is the Epiphany, also referred to as Three Kings’ Day.
The Twelve Days of Christmas
This is the season where Christians and Jews alike celebrate their faith in the God of Abraham.
Our favorite song is “The Twelve Days of Christmas” an English Christmas carol that lists a group of increasingly superb gifts given on each of the 12 days of Christmas (the 12 days that make up the Christmas season, starting with Christmas Day). The song, published in England in 1780 without music as a chant or rhyme, is thought to be French in origin. The melodies of collected versions of the carol vary throughout history. The standard tune now associated with it is derived from a 1909 arrangement of a traditional folk melody by English composer Frederic Austin, who introduced the familiar prolongation of the verse “five gold rings.”
Here is what The Twelve Days of Christmas really means:
1. On the First Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me: A Partridge in a Pear Tree
The partridge in a pear tree represents Jesus, the Son of God, whose birthday we celebrate on the first day of Christmas. Christ is symbolically presented as a mother partridge, the only bird that will die to protect its young.
2. On the Second Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me: Two Turtledoves
These twin birds represent the Old and New Testaments. So, in this gift, the singer finds the complete story of the Christian faith and God’s plan for the world. The doves are the biblical roadmap that is available to everyone.
3. On the Third Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me: Three French Hens
These birds represent faith, hope, and love. This gift hearkens back to 1 Corinthians 13, the love chapter written by the Apostle Paul.
4. On the Fourth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me: Four Calling Birds
One of the easiest facets of the song’s code to figure out, these fowl are the four Gospels — Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
5. On the Fifth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me: Five Gold Rings
The gift of the rings represents the first five books of the Old Testament, known as the Torah or the Pentateuch.
6. On the Sixth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me: Six Geese a-Laying
These lyrics can be traced back to the first story found in the Bible. Each egg is a day in creation when God “hatched” or formed the world.
7. On the Seventh Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me: Seven Swans a-Swimming
It would take someone quite familiar with the Bible to identify this gift. Hidden in the code are the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit: prophecy, ministry, teaching, exhortation, giving, leading, and compassion. As swans are one of the most beautiful and graceful creatures on earth, they would seem to be a perfect symbol for spiritual gifts.
8. On the Eighth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me: Eight Maids-a-Milking
As Christ came to save even the lowest of the low, this gift represents the ones who would receive his word and accept his grace. Being a milkmaid was about the worst job one could have in England during this period; this code conveyed that Jesus cared as much about servants as he did those of royal blood. The eight who were blessed included the poor in spirit, those who mourn, the meek, those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, the merciful, the pure in heart, the peacemakers, and those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake.
9. On the Ninth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me: Nine Ladies Dancing
These nine dancers were really the gifts known as the fruit of the Spirit. The fruits are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
10. On the Tenth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me: Ten Lords a-leaping
This is probably the easiest gift to understand. As lords were judges and in charge of the law, this code for the Ten Commandments was fairly straightforward to Catholics.
11. On the Eleventh Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me: Eleven Pipers Piping
This is almost a trick question, as most think of the disciples in terms of the dozen. But when Judas betrayed Jesus and committed suicide, only eleven men carried out the gospel message.
12. On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Drummers Drumming
The final gift is tied directly to the Catholic Church. The drummers are the 12 points of doctrine in the Apostles’ Creed. “I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day, he rose again. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.”
Patriots in 2024 we must be willing to march into Hell, for a Heavenly cause!
There are but two parties now in America, patriots and traitors. It is time for the Patriot Party, a.k.a. Drain the Swamp party, to be prepared for what is ahead — the 2024 Presidential Election.
To inspire you we present a video, with the lyrics, of a song sung by Elvis Presley titled “The Impossible Dream.”
The Impossible Dream lyrics — Man of La Mancha
To dream … the impossible dream …
To fight … the unbeatable foe …
To bear … with unbearable sorrow …
To run … where the brave dare not go …
To right … the unrightable wrong …
To love … pure and chaste from afar …
To try … when your arms are too weary …
To reach … the unreachable star …
This is my quest, to follow that star …
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far …
To fight for the right, without question or pause …
To be willing to march into Hell, for a Heavenly cause …
And I know if I’ll only be true, to this glorious quest,
That my heart will lie will lie peaceful and calm,
when I’m laid to my rest …
And the world will be better for this:
That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage,
To reach … the unreachable star …
Take heart, and pray, my fellow patriots and have the courage to reach for that unreachable star!
©2023. Dr. Rich Swier. All rights reserved.